Digital TV News: Nielsen
Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
Apr 14, 2021 – Research from Tremor Video and Unruly, carried out with MTM Global, shows that nearly three-quarters (72%) of US digital advertising professionals believe that CTV reaches target audiences more effectively than linear TV.
News categories: Tremor Video, MTM Global, Justin Chadwick, Shana Kohen, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Disruptel gets seed funding for content-driven voice assistant
Mar 12, 2021 – Disruptel has completed a $1.15 million seed funding round. The company's Context product, allows users to ask questions about the content on their Connected TVs through their remote control and receive immediate answers.
News categories: Disruptel, Alex Quinn, Digital TV, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
Mar 1, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has agreed to acquire Nielsen’s (NYSE: NLSN) Advanced Video Advertising (AVA) business, which includes Nielsen’s video automatic content recognition (ACR) and dynamic ad insertion (DAI) technologies.
News categories: Roku, Nielsen, Louqman Parampath, Scott N. Brown, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
Feb 25, 2021 – At the Future of TV Advertising Sydney forum, OzTAM CEO Doug Peiffer has shared top line test data from Virtual Australia (VOZ), the new all-screen, cross-platform Total TV planning and reporting database.
News categories: OzTAM, Virtual Australia, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
U.S. antenna penetration grows 38% in 2020
Feb 9, 2021 – According to Horowitz Research's State of OTA 2020 study, 40% of U.S. TV content viewers 18+ report owning an antenna, up 29% Y-o-Y. This translates to approximately 48.4 million households with an antenna.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Stephanie Wong, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Nielsen to provide TV measurement for the Marquee Broadcasting Group
Feb 9, 2021 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Marquee Broadcasting Group have announced a multi-year agreement whereby Nielsen will provide local TV measurement services for all the broadcasters stations.
News categories: Nielsen, Marquee Broadcasting, Catherine Herkovic, Patricia Lane, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Kantar retains Slovakian TV audience measurement contract
Feb 3, 2021 – Kantar has announced the extension of its contract with PMT – the Slovakian joint industry committee for TV – to continue providing the official TV Audience Measurement data for Slovakia until 2029.
News categories: Kantar, PMT, Keld Nielsen, Vladimir Fatika, Advertising, Big Data, Slovakia
Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
Jan 13, 2021 – Kantar has announced improvements to its TV Audience Measurement service in Georgia. Since 2016, Kantar, with Tri Media Intelligence (TMI), has provided the TV audience measurement currency to the Georgian market.
News categories: Kantar, Tri Media Intelligence, Keld Nielsen, Ana Lordkipanidze, David Chezhia, Advertising, Big Data, Georgia
Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
Jan 12, 2021 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has launched a Theatrical Video On-Demand (TVOD) measurement service as a way to capture viewing to movie releases that are directly available on demand through streaming/MVPD platforms.
News categories: Nielsen, Scott N. Brown, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- SoftAtHome deploys Disney+ on Orange France STBs
- ZEASN announces content monetization partners for WhaleLive
- Bitcentral enables Dynamic Ad Insertion for Cowles Broadcasting on NewsON
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Plex raises $50 million from investor Intercap
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data