Digital TV News: Nigel Burmeister
All-time high for streaming video according to Limelight Networks
Oct 14, 2020 – Online video is more popular than ever with the average global viewer watching nearly eight hours (seven hours, 55 minutes) per week, according to a report commissioned by Limelight Networks.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Nigel Burmeister, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
Mar 24, 2020 – Limelight (Nasdaq: LLNW) has introduced EdgeFunctions, a distributed serverless computing capability. EdgeFunctions allows developers to run code in Limelight's CDN locations, taking advantage of the company's global scale.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Nigel Burmeister, Ghassan Abdo, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Limelight shows sub-second live video streaming and online video innovations at NAB 2019
Apr 8, 2019 – At NAB 2019, Limelight (Nasdaq: LLNW) will show Limelight Realtime Streaming, its sub-second live video streaming solution. Limelight will also highlight video delivery services to help maximize advertising revenue from online video and combat piracy of video assets.
News categories: Limelight, Nigel Burmeister, Peder Drege, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
Magine relies on Limelight to stream content to users across Europe
Oct 24, 2017 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq:LLNW) has announced that Magine is using Limelight’s CDN to deliver live and on-demand content to viewers in Europe. The CDN was chosen because of its scalability, reputation, competitive pricing and performance.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Magine, Nigel Burmeister, Klas Ahlin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Cinesoft adopts Limelight CDN for Cinehome OTT service
Aug 9, 2017 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq:LLNW) has announced that Cinesoft is using the Limelight Orchestrate Platform to support its diverse business-to-business and consumer over-the-top (OTT) services.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Cinesoft, Nigel Burmeister, Anil Nair, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Increased availability of streaming content driving cord cutting
Jun 22, 2016 – As consumers find themselves with a wider variety of over-the-top (OTT) content options, price is becoming less of a factor in the decision to cut the cord with pay TV providers while content availability increasingly drives decision-making according to Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW).
News categories: Limelight Networks, Nigel Burmeister, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK, USA
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV