Digital TV News: Nigel Burmeister
All-time high for streaming video according to Limelight Networks
Oct 14, 2020 – Online video is more popular than ever with the average global viewer watching nearly eight hours (seven hours, 55 minutes) per week, according to a report commissioned by Limelight Networks.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Nigel Burmeister, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
Mar 24, 2020 – Limelight (Nasdaq: LLNW) has introduced EdgeFunctions, a distributed serverless computing capability. EdgeFunctions allows developers to run code in Limelight's CDN locations, taking advantage of the company's global scale.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Nigel Burmeister, Ghassan Abdo, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Limelight shows sub-second live video streaming and online video innovations at NAB 2019
Apr 8, 2019 – At NAB 2019, Limelight (Nasdaq: LLNW) will show Limelight Realtime Streaming, its sub-second live video streaming solution. Limelight will also highlight video delivery services to help maximize advertising revenue from online video and combat piracy of video assets.
News categories: Limelight, Nigel Burmeister, Peder Drege, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Watermarking, Worldwide
Magine relies on Limelight to stream content to users across Europe
Oct 24, 2017 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq:LLNW) has announced that Magine is using Limelight’s CDN to deliver live and on-demand content to viewers in Europe. The CDN was chosen because of its scalability, reputation, competitive pricing and performance.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Magine, Nigel Burmeister, Klas Ahlin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, OTT
Cinesoft adopts Limelight CDN for Cinehome OTT service
Aug 9, 2017 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq:LLNW) has announced that Cinesoft is using the Limelight Orchestrate Platform to support its diverse business-to-business and consumer over-the-top (OTT) services.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Cinesoft, Nigel Burmeister, Anil Nair, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, OTT
Increased availability of streaming content driving cord cutting
Jun 22, 2016 – As consumers find themselves with a wider variety of over-the-top (OTT) content options, price is becoming less of a factor in the decision to cut the cord with pay TV providers while content availability increasingly drives decision-making according to Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW).
News categories: Limelight Networks, Nigel Burmeister, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK, USA
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand