Digital TV News: Project Canvas
Project Canvas sets out content protection approach
Jul 6, 2010 – Project Canvas has announced its content protection strategy. For providers of premium content, such as the latest movie releases, or those requiring a subscription or download model, Canvas will support Marlin as the required DRM solution at launch.
News categories: Project Canvas, Marlin, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
BBC Trust approves Project Canvas
Jun 25, 2010 – The BBC Trust has approved the BBC's involvement in Project Canvas, subject to a number of conditions. Completed elements of the Canvas core technical specification are to be published within 20 working days from the final approval.
News categories: BBC, Content Distribution, Middleware, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, UK
Project Canvas releases further information on technical specifications
May 28, 2010 – Project Canvas is making the next set of technical specifications available to industry through the Digital Television Group (DTG) with a timetable for when further technical documents will also be released.
News categories: Project Canvas, Digital TV Group, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
Project Canvas submits technical documents to DTG
May 7, 2010 – Project Canvas has submitted key documents to the Digital Television Group (DTG) making the next set of technical specifications available to industry.
News categories: Project Canvas, Digital TV Group, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
BT Vision adds 15k installations in last three months of 2009
Feb 11, 2010 – BT Group plc (BT.L) has announced results for the quarter to 31 December 2009. The BT Vision customer base grew to 451,000 at 31 December 2009, an increase of 15 thousand in the quarter and 75 thousand year-on-year.
News categories: BT Vision, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, UK
BBC Trust gives provisional approval to Project Canvas
Dec 22, 2009 – The BBC Trust has given its provisional approval to the BBC's involvement in Project Canvas, saying that the likely public value of the proposal justifies any potential negative market impact.
News categories: Project Canvas, BBC Trust, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
A Canvas-type proposition will reach 3.5m homes by 2014
Oct 28, 2009 – Analysis from Screen Digest focuses on the prospects for a project Canvas-type venture in the UK. Screen Digest believes that a hybrid open IPTV platform such as that proposed by the BBC and its partners will reach 3.5 million homes by 2014.
News categories: Screen Digest, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
BBC Trust publishes additional information on Project Canvas
Jul 24, 2009 – The BBC Trust, following the first period of public consultation, has asked the BBC Executive to provide more information on the proposals. The Trust has published the Executive's response and the timetable for the remainder of the process.
News categories: BBC Trust, Project Canvas, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
BBC Trust launches public consultation on proposal for internet protocol television
Feb 26, 2009 – The BBC Trust has launched a public consultation on the BBC's proposal (Project Canvas) to develop a partnership to help enable the delivery of internet protocol TV. The proposal would allow viewers to watch on-demand services via TV sets.
News categories: BBC Trust, Project Canvas, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029