Digital TV News: Roger Lynch
Sling TV introduces Cloud DVR beta, for Roku users
Nov 28, 2016 – Sling TV has announced that customers may request an invitation to participate in its cloud DVR beta program. Available first to eligible customers using Roku streaming players and Roku TVs, the cloud DVR beta program will begin in December.
News categories: Sling TV, Roku, Roger Lynch, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Xiaomi brings 4K Mi Box to the US
Oct 3, 2016 – Xiaomi has announced that it is bringing Mi Box — its 4K Ultra HD streaming media player powered by Google's Android TV — to the U.S. market for $69. Mi Box will be available on Mi.com and in Walmart stores as well as Walmart.com.
News categories: Xiaomi, Hugo Barra, Sascha Prueter, Roger Lynch, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Sling TV launches on Apple TV
Jun 13, 2016 – Sling TV has announced the debut of its live and on-demand Internet TV service on Apple TV. The over-the-top provider’s suite of services are available to Sling TV customers once they download the app from the App Store on fourth-generation Apple TV.
News categories: Sling, Apple, Roger Lynch, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Single sign-on coming to Apple TV
Jun 13, 2016 – Apple has announced new Siri capabilities, single sign-on for Apple TV and more features for users. With single sign-on, customers can authenticate all the video channels from their pay-TV providers by simply signing in once to enjoy all of their network-TV apps.
News categories: Apple, Eddy Cue, Roger Lynch, Hannibal Soares, Chris Albrecht, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Cinemax debuts on Sling TV
Feb 11, 2016 – Sling TV has added Cinemax to its programming lineup for $10 per month, marking the first time Cinemax is available to consumers on a live standalone Internet TV service.
News categories: Sling TV, Cinemax, Roger Lynch, Streaming, USA
Sling TV releases App for Android TV
May 21, 2015 – Sling TV has launched its Android TV application for Google’s Nexus Player. Sling TV and Google are kicking off their collaboration with a promotion that gets Nexus Player into the hands of customers at half price.
News categories: Sling TV, Roger Lynch, Android TV, Apps, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, USA
Sling TV launches on Xbox One
Mar 17, 2015 – Sling TV has released its app for Xbox One, the first gaming console to support the live, over-the-top TV service. Xbox One joins other devices that support Sling TV, including Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick; current-generation Roku players and Roku TV models; Android and iOS devices; and Macs and PCs.
News categories: Sling TV, Xbox, Roger Lynch, Mike Nichols, Apps, Gaming, Streaming, USA
Sling TV OTT service launches in the U.S.
Feb 9, 2015 – Sling TV has debuted its live, over-the-top television service to customers in the U.S. The Sling TV delivers live sports, lifestyle, family, news and information channels, and Video-On-Demand entertainment to broadband-connected devices at home and on-the-go.
News categories: Sling TV, Roger Lynch, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, USA
DISH Network to launch Sling TV OTT service
Jan 5, 2015 – Sling TV, a subsidiary of DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH), has announced that it will launch an over-the-top television service in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2015, priced at $20 per month.
News categories: Sling, DISH Network, Roger Lynch, Joseph P. Clayton, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform