Digital TV News: SADC
Malawi launches digital television
May 3, 2016 – Malawi's Minister of Information, Communications Technology and Civic Education has launched Malawi Digital Television in the city of Mzuzu. Malawi's 'Kiliye Kiliye' digital decoder was unveiled during the event.
News categories: MACRA, Mervis Mangulenje, Digital TV, Malawi, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Hitachi to carry out ISDB-T DTT broadcast testing in Mozambique
Mar 1, 2013 – In order to contribute to the spread of the Japanese digital terrestrial television broadcast system, ISDB-T, Hitachi Kokusai Electric (TSE: 6756) will conduct demonstration testing using digital transmitters in the Republic of Mozambique from this March.
News categories: Hitachi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Mozambique, Terrestrial
Botswana to go with SBTVD for DTT
Feb 28, 2013 – According to André Barbosa of Brazil's Empresa Brasil de Comunicação (EBC), Botswana has decided to adopt the Brazilian version of the Japanese ISDB-T terrestrial broadcasting standard known as SBTVD.
News categories: Empresa Brasil de Comunicação, Botswana, Digital TV, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Mozambique adopts DVB-T2 for digital terrestrial broadcasting
Jan 19, 2011 – The Instituto Nacional das Comunicações de Moçambique (INCM) has announced that the country will adopt DVB-T2 for its migration to digital terrestrial television (DTT) broadcasting. Installation of infrastructure should begin this year.
News categories: INCM, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Mozambique, Terrestrial
SADC ICT ministers adopt DVB-T2 for digital terrestrial
Nov 24, 2010 – The ministers responsible for ICT in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) have approved recommendations that Member States should adopt DVB-T2 with MPEG-4 compression as the digital terrestrial standard for the region.
News categories: SADC, Angola, Botswana, Digital TV, DRC, DVB-T2, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Africa's SADC sets 2013 analogue switch-off deadline
Jul 16, 2009 – The Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) has set December 2013 as the deadline for its members to switch from analogue to digital broadcasting.
News categories: SADC, Angola, Botswana, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution