Digital TV News: Samba TV
Samba TV integrates additional metadata from Red Bee Media
Nov 13, 2023 – Red Bee Media has announced that Samba TV will integrate Red Bee metadata to supplement its analysis of viewership behaviors and validate its media measurement and advertising effectiveness.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Samba TV, Jason Marchese, Aden Zaman, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Origin to test TV measurement using Samba TV viewership data
Oct 12, 2023 – Origin, the UK cross-media measurement initiative, is to test using data from Samba TV's ACR technology to capture TV viewing behaviour across linear, BVOD, SVOD and CTV services.
News categories: Samba TV, Origin, ISBA, Comscore, Ashwin Navin, Joe Lewis, Phil Smith, Adam Holt, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, UK
Samba TV releases latest State of Viewership report
Aug 9, 2023 – Samba TV has released its latest State of Viewership report, analyzing around 45 billion hours of linear and streaming, over the first half of 2023, to give an overview of linear TV, movie and CTV viewership.
News categories: Samba TV, Ashwin Navin, Digital TV
Yahoo extends targeting and measurement partnership with Samba TV
May 15, 2023 – Yahoo has announced a partnership with Samba TV to provide advertisers with an advanced TV solution for campaign targeting and measurement within the Yahoo DSP, across the UK and Canada.
News categories: Samba TV, Yahoo, David Barker, Elizabeth Herbst-Brady, Advertising, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, UK
Epsilon integrates Samba TV viewing data
Apr 21, 2023 – Samba TV is integrating its OTT and linear television viewing data into the Epsilon PeopleCloud, providing Epsilon clients with granular insights into customers' TV and streaming TV viewing.
News categories: Samba TV, Epsilon, Kris Magel, Kate Sirkin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Samba TV partners with Admo.tv on TV measurement & attribution
Apr 18, 2023 – Samba TV has announced a partnership with Admo.tv to bring measurement and attribution to the French market, after a record year of growth and expansion in Samba TV's European markets.
News categories: Samba TV, Admo.tv, David Barker, Pierre Figeat, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, France
Cord cutters/nevers now make up majority of U.S. population
Feb 13, 2023 – Samba TV has released its latest State of Viewership report showing a U.S. viewership landscape marked by a historic new low in linear TV viewership, and record saturation of the linear advertising market.
News categories: Samba TV, Ashwin Navin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
MiQ takes over Samba TV U.S. managed media services business
Jan 13, 2023 – Samba TV and MiQ have announced a partnership to bolster MiQ's Advanced TV solutions with Samba TV data and measurement. As part of the deal, Samba TV will move its U.S. managed media services business to MiQ.
News categories: Samba TV, MiQ, Ashwin Navin, Gurman Hundal, Lee Puri, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Samba TV and TCL to jointly develop AI solutions for Smart TVs
Jan 5, 2023 – Samba TV has entered into an R&D venture with TCL for the development and deployment of AI and content analytics on TCL TVs, making features of Samba AI, a suite of AI and ML technologies available worldwide.
News categories: Samba TV, TCL, Ashwin Navin, Shaoyong Zhang, Big Data, CES2024, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification