Digital TV News: Samba TV
MiQ takes over Samba TV U.S. managed media services business
Jan 13, 2023 – Samba TV and MiQ have announced a partnership to bolster MiQ's Advanced TV solutions with Samba TV data and measurement. As part of the deal, Samba TV will move its U.S. managed media services business to MiQ.
News categories: Samba TV, MiQ, Ashwin Navin, Gurman Hundal, Lee Puri, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Samba TV and TCL to jointly develop AI solutions for Smart TVs
Jan 5, 2023 – Samba TV has entered into an R&D venture with TCL for the development and deployment of AI and content analytics on TCL TVs, making features of Samba AI, a suite of AI and ML technologies available worldwide.
News categories: Samba TV, TCL, Ashwin Navin, Shaoyong Zhang, Big Data, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Samba TV acquires AI innovator Disruptel
Nov 8, 2022 – Samba TV has announced that it has acquired Disruptel. Disruptel’s machine learning technology intelligently deconstructs on-screen content in real-time, identifying people, brands and products that appear.
News categories: Samba TV, Disruptel, Ashwin Navin, Alex Quinn, Advertising, Big Data, CES2023, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Havas Media to integrate Samba TV data into its audience platform
Oct 26, 2022 – Havas Media Group (HMG) North America and Samba TV have announced that they are partnering to integrate Samba TV's OTT and linear television viewing data into Converged, HMG’s audience and data management platform.
News categories: Samba TV, Havas Media, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, North America
Samba TV releases U.S. State of Viewership report for Q2
Aug 18, 2022 – The Samba TV report shows a viewership landscape marked by year lows in linear TV viewership, record saturation of the linear TV ad market, a tsunami of new streaming content and an increasing likelihood of streaming subscriber churn.
News categories: Samba TV, Advertising, Broadcast, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
Aug 10, 2022 – Samba TV has announced a partnership with Smartclip to enter the Spanish market. The expansion delivers another pillar in Samba TV's global growth strategy, marking the company’s fifth major international announcement this year.
News categories: Samba TV, Smartclip, David Barker, Ángel Fernández Nebot, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Spain
Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
Jun 23, 2022 – Frost & Sullivan has released findings of an analysis assessing the capabilities of eight leading television data providers. The '2022 Frost Radar on Television Viewership Data Providers' found Samba TV to be the leader in TV data capabilities.
News categories: Samba TV, Frost & Sullivan, Ashwin Navin, Robert Cavin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
May 10, 2022 – Samba TV has announced the release of its State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022, showing a complex viewership landscape marked by a saturated linear TV ad market, increased cord-shaving, and a high likelihood for streaming subscriber churn.
News categories: Samba TV, Ashwin Navin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Samba TV powers CTV audience targeting at MediaSquare in France
Apr 6, 2022 – Samba TV has announced a partnership with MediaSquare to provide advertising retargeting and targeting for OTT viewers and gamers in France. With a panel of nearly 1M households, Samba TV is the largest provider of CTV data analytics in France.
News categories: Samba TV, MediaSquare, David Barker, Erwan Le Page, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, France, Gaming, Streaming
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023