Digital TV News: Scripps
ViewLift powers KnightTime+ apps for VGK and Scripps Sports
Nov 6, 2023 – ViewLift has announced that early stats for the KnightTime+ OTT apps it built for Stanley Cup Champion Vegas Golden Knights have already exceeded season-long targets in just the opening days of the season.
News categories: ViewLift, Vegas Golden Knights, Rick Allen, Kerry Bubolz, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
ISA members reach nearly 15% of U.S. TV households
Oct 11, 2023 – The Independent Streaming Alliance (ISA) has shared the results of a study conducted with iSpot TV that shows that its members have an aggregate reach of nearly 18 million U.S. TV households.
News categories: Independent Streaming Alliance, iSpot, Stuart Schwartzapfel, Cameron Saless, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Scripps launches Tablo over-the-air TV viewing box
Aug 28, 2023 – The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) has launched a new version of Tablo, a device enabling whole-home viewing and recording of OTA broadcast TV, with integrated FAST channels.
News categories: Scripps, Tablo, Bo Schuerman, Adam Symson, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
TCL launches TCLtv+ streaming service in North America
Aug 24, 2023 – TCL has launched its TCLtv+ streaming service in North America. The service makes available more than 200 FAST channels and 1500+ on-demand movies and TV series on TCL TVs at no cost.
News categories: TCL, Mark Zhang, Haohong Wang, Digital TV, North America, Smart TV, Streaming
Vegas Golden Knights partners with ViewLift for sports streaming
Aug 21, 2023 – Vegas Golden Knights has partnered with ViewLift to stream all locally-broadcast Vegas Golden Knights games live on major devices, reaching NHL fans in Nevada and surrounding states.
News categories: ViewLift, Vegas Golden Knights, Rick Allen, Kerry Bubolz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Independent Streaming Alliance (ISA) announces formation
Jun 12, 2023 – The Independent Streaming Alliance (ISA) has announced its formation. The ISA is a streaming industry forum set up to engage and work collaboratively with consumers, platforms and media.
News categories: Independent Streaming Alliance, Philippe Guelton, Damian Pelliccione, Cameron Saless, Evan Bregman, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
Jun 6, 2023 – IAB Tech Lab has announced the creation of its Advanced TV Commit Group to lead the development of technology frameworks, technical standards and market strategy, to make every TV environment addressable.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Anthony Katsur, Ben Vandegrift, Jim Keller, Karen Chan, Ryan McConville, Scott L Brown, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Pearl TV brings NEXTGEN TV And Run3 TV to NAB Show 2023
Apr 13, 2023 – At NAB Show 2023, Pearl TV will demonstrate NEXTGEN TV features and capabilities with partners including Comcast NBCUniversal, Samsung and LG Electronics.
News categories: Pearl TV, RUN3TV, Robert Folliard, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
Streaming TV platform Atmosphere receives funding at $1bn valuation
Feb 7, 2023 – Atmosphere has announced a $65m Series D funding round. The company's FAST platform provides programming to restaurants, bars, gyms, doctor offices, and other business establishments worldwide.
News categories: Atmosphere, Leo Resig, John Resig, Blake Sabatinelli, Digital TV, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024