Digital TV News: Simplestream
Simplestream powers Islam Channel streaming service
Jul 15, 2021 – Islam Channel has chosen to partner with Simplestream to expand its live and on-demand streaming service. The new service is built on Simplestream's App Platform and allows audiences to access content on multiple devices.
News categories: Simplestream, Islam Channel, Josh Harrington, Mohamed Harrath, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UK, Worldwide
Simplestream selected to power GB News OTT services
Jul 13, 2021 – Simplestream has been selected by recently launched British TV news channel, GB News, to power a range of OTT services. The digital offering complements the service’s traditional linear TV distribution strategy.
News categories: Simplestream, GB News, Dan Finch, Marc Schipper, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
V-Nova partners with Simplestream for Pan-African streaming service MVMO
Sep 11, 2019 – V-Nova is the key enabler for a streaming service, MVMO, due to launch in Africa in late 2019. The service will combine the V-Nova P+ codec-agnostic enhancement with Simplestream's streaming platform to deliver content throughout the continent.
News categories: V-Nova, Simplestream, Creative Africa Exchange, Guido Meardi, Dan Finch, Sandra Iyawa, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Simplestream powers Channel 4's Parasport and 2020 Paralympics online service
Sep 2, 2019 – Simplestream has built an accessible video platform and responsive website for Channel 4’s online coverage of Para Sport and Tokyo 2020 Paralympics. The service is provisioned to handle multiple live concurrent streams, on-demand video and includes adaptive bitrate encoding (ABR) for up to 10 profiles.
News categories: Simplestream, Channel 4, Dan Finch, Pete Andrews, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, UK
Simplestream launches its first 4K SVOD service with Blue Ant Media
Apr 4, 2019 – Simplestream has announced that its VOD-in-a-Box platform has been selected by Blue Ant Media to power its wildlife and nature 4K SVOD service, Love Nature 4K. It will be the first 4K video service designed, built and launched by Simplestream.
News categories: Simplestream, Blue Ant Media, Dan Finch, Greg Kampanis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Simplestream integrates BARB audience measurement for the UK
Mar 26, 2019 – Simplestream has announced that it has integrated BARB’s Dovetail audience measurement across its delivery platforms. This enables participating broadcasters and operators to more accurately measure reach across multiple devices.
News categories: Simplestream, BARB, Dan Finch, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
Simplestream delivers multiscreen upgrade for Law&Crime Network
Feb 25, 2019 – Law&Crime has turned to Simplestream to enhance the content delivery capabilities of its multiscreen service to better cater to providers and engage with new audiences. The partnership follows a recent expansion of Law&Crime across several new OTT distribution platforms.
News categories: Simplestream, Law&Crime, Dan Finch, Juan Miguel Bassalik, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Simplestream partners with NPAW for OTT data analytics
May 10, 2018 – NPAW (NICE PEOPLE AT WORK) and Simplestream have announced that Simplestream has chosen NPAW as its data analytics technology provider for its VOD-in-a-Box service and its bespoke OTT projects.
News categories: Simplestream, NPAW, Lewis Arthur, Victor Carbonell, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
HistoryHit.TV uses Simplestream VOD-in-a-Box for history SVOD service
Mar 6, 2018 – Simplestream has announced that its VOD-in-a-Box platform has been selected by Hit Networks to build on-demand streaming service HistoryHit.TV. HistoryHit.TV is a global SVOD channel that provides programming for history buffs.
News categories: Simplestream, History Hit, Dan Finch, Tom Clifford, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management