Digital TV News: Sinclair
Sinclair, CAST.ERA and RAPA announce ATSC 3.0 DDaaS agreement
Oct 27, 2023 – Sinclair has agreed an MOU with RAPA and CAST.ERA to enhance ATSC 3.0 services between Korea and the U.S. and expand the DDaaS (Data Distribution as a Service) platform globally.
News categories: Sinclair, RAPA, CAST.ERA, Del Parks, Song Jung-su, Kevin Gage, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, NABShow, USA
Minneapolis TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Aug 22, 2023 – Minneapolis viewers can now experience the future of broadcast TV as five local stations - WUCW-TV, KSTP-TV, WCCO-TV, KMSP-TV and KARE-TV - launch NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: ONE Media, NAB, Minnesota Broadcasters Association, Jerald Fritz, Wendy Paulson, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
SK Telecom providing mobile edge computing to Sinclair Broadcast
Apr 18, 2023 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) will enter the U.S. market by providing a next-generation broadcast solution, built with mobile edge computing (MEC) technology, to Sinclair Broadcast Group.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair, CAST.ERA, Ha Min-yong, Del Parks, Kevin Gage, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Sinclair migrates playout to the cloud with Amagi
Apr 14, 2023 – Amagi has announced that Sinclair Broadcast Group will deploy Amagi's solutions to migrate from the on-premise playout of its local broadcast stations to the cloud.
News categories: Amagi, Sinclair, Srinivasan KA, Mike Kralec, Del Parks, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Sinclair, Gray, Graham & Capitol adopt Verance NextGen TV watermarking
Apr 14, 2023 – Verance has made agreements with Sinclair Broadcast, Gray Television, Graham Media Group and Capitol Broadcasting to implement the Verance Aspect audio watermark on stations across the groups.
News categories: Verance, Sinclair Broadcast, Gray Television, Graham Media, Capitol Broadcasting, Nil Shah, Mike Kralec, David Burke, Anthony Plosz, Peter Sockett, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Pearl TV brings NEXTGEN TV And Run3 TV to NAB Show 2023
Apr 13, 2023 – At NAB Show 2023, Pearl TV will demonstrate NEXTGEN TV features and capabilities with partners including Comcast NBCUniversal, Samsung and LG Electronics.
News categories: Pearl TV, RUN3TV, Robert Folliard, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
Nielsen and Sinclair agree audience measurement renewal
Apr 12, 2023 – Nielsen has announced a multi-year renewal agreement with Sinclair Broadcast Group (NASDAQ: SBGI) for Nielsen Local and National audience measurement services.
News categories: Nielsen, Sinclair, Catherine Herkovic, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
COG and ONE Media 3.0 pilot Advanced Emergency Information over ATSC 3.0
Apr 10, 2023 – The Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments and ONE Media 3.0 (Nasdaq: SBGI) have launched a pilot of Next Generation Broadcast used to disseminate Advanced Emergency Information.
News categories: Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments, ONE Media 3.0, Scott Boggs, Jerald Fritz, John Lawson, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA
NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
Mar 28, 2023 – Television stations serving the Des Moines-Ames market have begun broadcasting with NextGen TV. The launch includes KCCI (CBS), WHO-DT (NBC), KDSM-TV (Fox), and KDIN-TV (PBS).
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery