Digital TV News: Sorenson Media
Samsung Licenses Sorenson Spark for Playback of Internet Video on Mobile Devices
Feb 16, 2010 – Sorenson Media has announced that Samsung Electronics has licensed the Sorenson Spark video codec. Samsung will integrate the Sorenson Spark decoder into its mobile phones sold in South Korea and China.
News categories: Sorenson, Samsung, Media Player, Mobile, Silicon IP, Streaming
Chips&Media Licenses Sorenson Spark Video Decoder
Aug 24, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that Chips&Media has licensed the Sorenson Spark Software Developers Kit (SDK) to include the Sorenson Spark video decoder in Chips&Media's optimized video IP.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Chips&Media, Licensing, Media Player, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Streaming
Imagination Technologies to Include Sorenson Spark Decoder in its Video Cores
Jun 15, 2009 – Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG) and Sorenson Media have announced that Imagination will include Sorenson Media's Sorenson Spark video decoder in future versions of its line of advanced POWERVR™ VXD video decoder IP cores.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Imagination Technologies, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Streaming
Ittiam and NXP Semiconductors License Sorenson Spark Video Decoder
Jun 2, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that Ittiam and NXP Semiconductors have licensed the Sorenson Spark decoder to enable Internet video on consumer electronic devices, including mobile phones, mobile computing devices, set-top boxes and connected TVs.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Ittiam, NXP, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Sorenson Spark Video Decoder Licensed by Qualcomm for Mobile Video
Apr 29, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that its Sorenson Spark video decoder has been licensed by Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) for chipsets targeted at the next generation of multimedia-rich mobile phones, mobile computing devices, and other consumer products.
News categories: Sorenson, Qualcomm, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Mobile, Semiconductor, Streaming
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media