Digital TV News: Sylvain Thevenot
Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
Sep 21, 2021 – Netgem TV has announced that it will be powering Pure TV, a new offering in the Irish streaming market. Netgem provides a TV service for ISPs that allows them to augment their broadband packages.
News categories: Netgem, Pure Telecom, Sylvain Thevenot, Paul Connell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland
Community Fibre chooses Netgem's TV framework for ISPs
Dec 11, 2020 – Community Fibre and Netgem are to launch Community Fibre TV, based on Netgem’s branded solution for UK ISPs. The service will launch early next year, following on from the success of Origin TV this year.
News categories: Netgem, Community Fibre, Sylvain Thevenot, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
Netgem TV launches In Ireland with Pure Telecom
Jul 23, 2020 – Netgem TV is now available in Ireland following a deal signed with Pure Telecom. After a successful 3-month free trial, the Broadband and TV bundle is now available to all customers for €43 per month.
News categories: Netgem, Pure Telecom, Sylvain Thevenot, Paul Connell, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Set Top Box
Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
Jun 29, 2020 – Origin broadband and Netgem have joined forces to offer Origin TV, a multiscreen service. The product offers an entertainment experience at a great price as an alternative to the traditional expensive broadband TV offerings.
News categories: Netgem, Origin Broadband, Sylvain Thevenot, Oliver Bryssau, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
Feb 19, 2020 – British TV manufacturer Cello has announced the launch of a Freeview Play range with Alexa voice control, powered by netgem.tv. The TVs incorporate the netgem.tv service, offering free and on-demand streaming for customers at an affordable price.
News categories: Cello Electronics, Netgem, Brian Palmer, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, UK, UX
Netgem launches multiscreen OTT for Gibtelecom with Broadpeak
Sep 24, 2018 – Netgem has announced that Gibtelecom launched a multiscreen TV entertainment service called Sofi earlier this summer, powered by Netgem's OTT Cloud platform and devices, and Broadpeak's content delivery network (CDN) and video streaming solutions.
News categories: Broadpeak, Netgem, Gibtelecom, Jacques Le Mancq, Sylvain Thevenot, Adrian Moreno, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gibraltar, Set Top Box, Streaming
Gibtelecom launches Sofi TV service with Netgem
Jun 4, 2018 – Gibtelecom has announced the launch of Sofi – its digital entertainment service. Sofi will be available on home TVs via an advanced set-top box. Gibtelecom has partnered with Netgem to develop the platform.
News categories: Gibtelecom, Netgem, Lianne Azzopardi, Adrian Moreno, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, Gibraltar, IPTV, Set Top Box
Netgem to offer Amazon Prime Video on its virtual STB platform
Sep 14, 2017 – Netgem has announced that Amazon Prime Video will come to its virtual STB software platform. Set-top-box and soundbox solutions powered with Netgem software will feature the full range of Amazon Prime Video services.
News categories: Netgem, Amazon Prime Video, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Ooredoo Oman launches multiscreen TV with Netgem
Mar 28, 2017 – Netgem has been selected by Ooredoo to deploy its multi-screen TV-as-a-service solution in Oman. This agreement is the first deployment of Netgem in the Middle East, and positions the company as vendor of choice in the region.
News categories: Netgem, Ooredoo, Sylvain Thevenot, Johan Buse, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Oman, UX
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope