Digital TV News: TCC
TCC chooses 3SS for Android TV+multiscreen service in Uruguay
Nov 1, 2019 – 3SS has been chosen by TCC to help develop a new TV service to launch in 2020. The service will be powered by 3READY Android TV + Multiscreen, 3SS’ front end and UI framework featuring an Android TV Custom Launcher STB.
News categories: 3SS, TCC, Kai-Christian Borchers, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, Uruguay, UX
Major MSOs in India represent 52.33 million subscribers
Jul 22, 2019 – According to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) the ecosystem of Distribution Platform Owners in the country is quite exhaustive. Different players are operating across the country making a choice of TV service provider available to consumers.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Telechips Lion STB SoC CA-certified by Synamedia for 4K/UHD
Dec 20, 2018 – Telechips (KOSDAQ:054450) has announced that its Lion STB chipset has been certified by Synamedia for 4K conditional access. Lion is a next-generation UHD SoC that features low power consumption and enables the delivery of sophisticated UIs.
News categories: Telechips, Synamedia, BM Lee, Sue Couto, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Telechips announces SoC for 4K set-top boxes
Jan 10, 2018 – Telechips has announced their first ever 14nm finFET SoC for 4K STBs. STBs powered by the TCC899X SoC series decode 4K video at 60fps with a 4K UI while handling other requirements including: Dolby Vision, the advanced security capabilities of Nagravision, Cisco and Verimatrix, and other CA systems.
News categories: Telechips, BM Lee, CES2020, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ACCESS and Telechips show world’s first Android HbbTV STB SoC at CES2016
Jan 6, 2016 – ACCESS CO. and Telechips have announced that they will host joint demonstrations at CES 2016 showing how operators can utilize HbbTV running on an Android hybrid TV to deliver content to Android users without compromising on security.
News categories: Telechips, ACCESS CO, Andrew Yong-kwon Lee, Dr. Neale Foster, CES2020, Digital TV, HbbTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Opera TV solutions to power Telechips' OTT platforms
Sep 9, 2015 – Opera Software has announced that with the support of the Opera Devices SDK 4.x series and the Opera TV Store, Telechips will be able to demonstrate live and over-the-top (OTT) premium content streams from partners, such as BBC iPlayer and hundreds of other TV apps.
News categories: Opera Software, Telechips, Aneesh Rajaram, Yongkwon Lee, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, OTT, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Telechips adds Sansa DRM to TCC896x processor
Jan 6, 2015 – Telechips and Sansa Security have announced a partnership to enable DRM for Telechips' TCC896x chipset. The partnership enables Telechips to provide a trusted execution environment (TEE) that complies with Hollywood studio standards.
News categories: Telechips, Sansa Security, Andrew Lee, Yossi Hermush, CES2020, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DIRECTV subscribers up 36% in Uruguay at end-1H 2014
Oct 17, 2014 – The Uruguayan communications regulator, URSEC, has released a survey of the telecommunications market in Uruguay up to the end of June 2014. The number of Pay TV subscribers at mid-year was 685,591, up from 620,926 at the end of June 2013.
News categories: URSEC, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay
Verimatrix selected to provide revenue security for Uruguay's TCC
Sep 5, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that Uruguayan cable operator TCC has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) to provide revenue security for its multi-network and multi-screen service offering.
News categories: Verimatrix, TCC, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Uruguay
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service