Digital TV News: TEGNA
Virgin Media unveils FAST channels powered by Amagi and 24i
Aug 23, 2023 – Amagi, in collaboration with 24i, has announced that Virgin Media has used its integrated solution to launch and monetize a new line-up of themed FAST channels on Virgin TV.
News categories: Amagi, 24i, Virgin Media, Srinivasan KA, Donald McGarva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Minneapolis TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Aug 22, 2023 – Minneapolis viewers can now experience the future of broadcast TV as five local stations - WUCW-TV, KSTP-TV, WCCO-TV, KMSP-TV and KARE-TV - launch NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: ONE Media, NAB, Minnesota Broadcasters Association, Jerald Fritz, Wendy Paulson, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Amagi powers FAST channels at Estrella Media
Apr 17, 2023 – Amagi has expanded its partnership with Estrella Media to streamline the ingest segmentation, creation, distribution, and monetization of Estrella's FAST channels.
News categories: Amagi, Estrella Media, Srinivasan KA, René Santaella, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Amagi to distribute CJ ENM content to OTT platforms in the USA
Feb 27, 2023 – CJ ENM has chosen Amagi to distribute its content to OTT platforms in the U.S., including Peacock and The Roku Channel. The partnership leverages Amagi's CLOUDPORT technology for channel creation and distribution.
News categories: Amagi, CJ ENM, Srinivasan KA, Jang-Ho Seo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Plex joins Amagi CTV content marketplace as platform partner
Jan 19, 2023 – Amagi has announced that Plex has joined its content marketplace as a platform partner. As Amagi’s platform partner, Plex gains access to Amagi's network of 2,000+ FAST channels and AVOD libraries from leading content brands.
News categories: Amagi, Plex, Srinivasan KA, Shawn Eldridge, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Six New Orleans television stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 15, 2022 – New Orleans viewers can now find six channels OTA with NEXTGEN TV: WUPL (MyNetwork; channel 54), WWL (CBS, channel 4), WVUE (FOX, channel 8), WDSU (NBC, channel 6), WGNO (ABC, channel 26) and WNOL (CW, channel 38).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Digital TV
Amagi raises over $100 million from General Atlantic
Nov 10, 2022 – Amagi has announced over $100 million in investment, inclusive of $80 million in primary capital, from global growth equity firm General Atlantic. The investment brings Amagi’s valuation to $1.4 billion.
News categories: Amagi, General Atlantic, Baskar Subramanian, Shantanu Rastogi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Private Equity, Streaming, Worldwide
Five Louisville TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Sep 12, 2022 – Local TV stations in Louisville have joined together to launch NEXTGEN TV. Block Communications' WBKI will host five stations including Block's WDRB and market partners WAVE, WHAS and WBNA; Kentucky Educational Television's (KET) WKMJ will launch on Sept. 19.
News categories: Pearl TV, Block Communications, Anne Schelle, Dale Woods, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
Aug 16, 2022 – Amagi has announced a content distribution agreement with VIDAA. The partnership gives VIDAA users in the Americas, Australia, and the UK access to Amagi's network of FAST channels and AVOD assets.
News categories: Amagi, VIDAA, Guy Edri, Srinivasan KA, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024