Digital TV News: TELUS
Technicolor Android TV set-top box shipments top 10 million
Mar 30, 2021 – Technicolor has announced that deployment of its Android TV set-top boxes (STBs) has now passed 10 million units. Cable, telco and other pay TV operators around the world continue to rapidly deploy Android TV STBs.
News categories: Technicolor, Mounir Toutah, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Rogers to acquire Shaw in $26 billion transaction
Mar 15, 2021 – Rogers Communications and Shaw Communications have reached an agreement for Rogers to acquire all of Shaw’s issued and outstanding Class A and Class B shares in a transaction valued at around $26 billion.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Shaw Communications, Joe Natale, Edward Rogers, Brad Shaw, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite
Velocix CDN powers multiscreen services at TELUS
Dec 21, 2020 – Velocix has announced that TELUS is using its CDN software to support its IP-based live and on-demand video services, including Optik TV, Pik TV, and Optik on the Go, as well as its video gaming and data services.
News categories: Velocix, TELUS, David Sharpley, Tom Linder, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT
TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
Jan 15, 2020 – NBCUniversal International (NBCUI) and TELUS have announced that hayu is available to all TELUS Optik TV customers in Western Canada. TELUS is the only carrier in Canada to offer customers a dedicated hayu app directly within the TV interface.
News categories: TELUS, NBCUniversal, hayu, Hendrik McDermott, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
Aug 15, 2019 – TELUS has launched TELUS Home Assistant, a Google Assistant-based platform that gives Optik TV customers the freedom to control their entertainment experience hands-free using voice commands, at no extra cost.
News categories: TELUS, Blair Miller, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX
TELUS TV subscriber base up 17,000 in 1Q 2019
May 9, 2019 – TELUS has released results for the first quarter of 2019. In the quarter, the company added 17,000 TELUS TV customers to finish with a customer base of 1.1 million, up 11,000 year-on-year.
News categories: TELUS, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Operators experiencing up to 100% YoY mobile video growth
Feb 26, 2019 – Research from Openwave Mobility has found that over the past five years, video on mobile networks has grown on average 50-60% year-on-year (YoY), while in many developing markets, the rate is more than twice this.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Enea, Matt Halligan, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, MWC21, OTT, Worldwide
2019 predictions from Openwave Mobility
Dec 13, 2018 – Openwave Mobility has released its predictions for 2019. These predictions are based on some of the findings from the Mobile Video Industry Council - which includes Tier 1 mobile operators alongside key industry analysts.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Mobile Video Industry Council, John Giere, Matt Halligan, Indranil Chatterjee, Aman Brar, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
TELUS first in Canada with 24/7 linear 4K HDR channel
Aug 9, 2018 – TELUS has announced the debut of Travelxp 4K HDR, a global travel and lifestyle channel, marking the first time a network broadcasting 24/7 in 4K HDR is available in Canada.
News categories: TELUS, Blair Miller, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV