Digital TV News: TELUS
ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
Feb 1, 2023 – ThinkAnalytics grew aggressively in 2022 with revenue growth of 30% year on year. New customer signings included Bell Canada, BritBox, Crunchyroll, Telus, Sony Pictures, Magyar Telekom, and MBC Group.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Eddie Young, Greg Riker, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Results, UX, Worldwide
TELUS to deploy CommScope service management platform
Mar 29, 2022 – CommScope will provide TELUS with its cloud-based ECO Service Management Platform to manage the service providers's connected home CPE. The platform automates the management and control of CommScope and third-party CPE devices.
News categories: CommScope, TELUS, Charles Cheevers, Tim Fell, Canada, CPE, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
Technicolor Android TV set-top box shipments top 10 million
Mar 30, 2021 – Technicolor has announced that deployment of its Android TV set-top boxes (STBs) has now passed 10 million units. Cable, telco and other pay TV operators around the world continue to rapidly deploy Android TV STBs.
News categories: Technicolor, Mounir Toutah, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Rogers to acquire Shaw in $26 billion transaction
Mar 15, 2021 – Rogers Communications and Shaw Communications have reached an agreement for Rogers to acquire all of Shaw’s issued and outstanding Class A and Class B shares in a transaction valued at around $26 billion.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Shaw Communications, Joe Natale, Edward Rogers, Brad Shaw, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite
Velocix CDN powers multiscreen services at TELUS
Dec 21, 2020 – Velocix has announced that TELUS is using its CDN software to support its IP-based live and on-demand video services, including Optik TV, Pik TV, and Optik on the Go, as well as its video gaming and data services.
News categories: Velocix, TELUS, David Sharpley, Tom Linder, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming
TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
Jan 15, 2020 – NBCUniversal International (NBCUI) and TELUS have announced that hayu is available to all TELUS Optik TV customers in Western Canada. TELUS is the only carrier in Canada to offer customers a dedicated hayu app directly within the TV interface.
News categories: TELUS, NBCUniversal, hayu, Hendrik McDermott, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
Aug 15, 2019 – TELUS has launched TELUS Home Assistant, a Google Assistant-based platform that gives Optik TV customers the freedom to control their entertainment experience hands-free using voice commands, at no extra cost.
News categories: TELUS, Blair Miller, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX
TELUS TV subscriber base up 17,000 in 1Q 2019
May 9, 2019 – TELUS has released results for the first quarter of 2019. In the quarter, the company added 17,000 TELUS TV customers to finish with a customer base of 1.1 million, up 11,000 year-on-year.
News categories: TELUS, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Operators experiencing up to 100% YoY mobile video growth
Feb 26, 2019 – Research from Openwave Mobility has found that over the past five years, video on mobile networks has grown on average 50-60% year-on-year (YoY), while in many developing markets, the rate is more than twice this.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Enea, Matt Halligan, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, MWC22, Streaming, Worldwide
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution