Digital TV News: TELUS
Verimatrix and Telus to show Optik TV piracy protections at IBC
Sep 5, 2023 – At IBC, Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) will showcase how Verimatrix Streamkeeper was integrated with the next generation of TELUS’ Optik TV platform to create an advanced video delivery platform.
News categories: Verimatrix, TELUS, Geartech Technologie, Sofia Regojo, Maria Malinkowitsch, Tom Linder, Canada, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2023, IPTV
National World taps Simplestream to launch Shots! TV channel
Aug 15, 2023 – National World has chosen Simplestream to provide the tech stack for the launch of Shots!, a new TV brand. Simplestream deployed its Channel Studio to create the Shots! TV channel in the cloud.
News categories: Simplestream, National World, Josh Harrington, Alan Renwick, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Simplestream deploys Livestream Scheduler at Optik TV
Jun 14, 2023 – TELUS has enhanced its Optik TV Livestreaming offering with Simplestream. Livestream Scheduler from Simplestream provides the ability to manage live programming via a web-based UI.
News categories: Simplestream, TELUS, Josh Harrington, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
TELUS introduces next generation of Optik TV
Mar 7, 2023 – TELUS has introduced a new Optik TV set-top box with added features including personalized profiles, universal search, voice remote and access to apps through the Google Play Store.
News categories: TELUS, Dwayne Benefield, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
TELUS working with Accenture on next-gen entertainment platform
Mar 7, 2023 – TELUS (NYSE: TU) has teamed up with Accenture (NYSE: ACN) to launch a platform for TV and OTT content. Future plans for the platform include technologies such as 5G, IoT and intelligent automation.
News categories: Accenture, TELUS, Andrew Marchant, Amit Nag, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart Home
3SS partners with TELUS to power Android TV service
Mar 7, 2023 – 3SS has partnered with TELUS to launch the next-generation of the TELUS entertainment service, based on Android TV. TELUS chose 3SS' 3Ready Product Framework to provide the customized UX.
News categories: 3SS, ThinkAnalytics, t4h, VANTIVA, TELUS, Brian Jentz, Greg Riker, Graça Candido, Mercedes Pastor, Tim Fell, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Telus adds 17,000 TV subscribers in 4Q 2022
Feb 9, 2023 – TELUS Corporation has released results for the fourth quarter of 2022. In the quarter, the company added 17,000 TV customer connections to finish at more than 1.3 million, a growth of 4.7% over the year.
News categories: TELUS, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
Feb 1, 2023 – ThinkAnalytics grew aggressively in 2022 with revenue growth of 30% year on year. New customer signings included Bell Canada, BritBox, Crunchyroll, Telus, Sony Pictures, Magyar Telekom, and MBC Group.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Eddie Young, Greg Riker, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Results, UX, Worldwide
TELUS to deploy CommScope service management platform
Mar 29, 2022 – CommScope will provide TELUS with its cloud-based ECO Service Management Platform to manage the service providers's connected home CPE. The platform automates the management and control of CommScope and third-party CPE devices.
News categories: CommScope, TELUS, Charles Cheevers, Tim Fell, Canada, CPE, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
- Link Net fixed broadband business to move to XL Axiata
- World Archery partners with Joymo to upgrade Archery+ platform
- 20% of US internet households own a TV antenna, and 12% plan to buy one
- MetaBroadcast partners with Gracenote for Barb contract
- Amdocs research reveals streaming consumer expectations for 2024
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics