Digital TV News: THEO Technologies
MwareTV partners with THEO Technologies to boost viewer QoE
Sep 11, 2023 – MwareTV has announced a collaboration with THEO Technologies to integrate THEOplayer into its TV platform, delivering top-tier video playback experiences across all platforms to its clients.
News categories: MwareTV, THEO Technologies, Sander Kerstens, Steven Tielemans, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2023, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Amino and THEO Technologies partner on ultra-low latency video streaming
Jun 14, 2023 – Amino has collaborated with THEO Technologies to deliver a sub-second latency live video streaming solution, combining Amino's 4K media player with the THEOlive real-time video API.
News categories: Amino, THEO Technologies, Jonny McKee, Steven Tielemans, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
24i integrates with THEOplayer to enhance player support
Apr 12, 2023 – 24i and THEO Technologies have announced that THEOplayer has been integrated with the 24i Mod Studio platform, bringing premium video playback features to a wide range of devices.
News categories: 24i, THEO Technologies, Dr. Neale Foster, Steven Tielemans, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
THEOplayer adds support for MPEG-5 LCEVC
Sep 7, 2022 – THEO Technologies and V-Nova have announced that THEO Technologies' THEOplayer will support the MPEG-5 LCEVC codec enhancement. MPEG-5 LCEVC offers 40% lower bitrates, saving delivery cost while reducing encoding compute and energy consumption.
News categories: V-Nova, THEO Technologies, Guido Meardi, Steven Tielemans, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Media Player, Worldwide
THEOplayer integrated with Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM
Aug 25, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that THEO Technologies has completed the integration of its THEOplayer with Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM, simplifying and speeding up delivery of secure video on any device.
News categories: Verimatrix, THEO Technologies, Sebastian Braun, Michel Roofthooft, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Verimatrix launches security platform for content, apps and devices
Feb 15, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has launched its Verimatrix Secure Delivery Platform, a cloud ecosystem that combines cybersecurity and anti-piracy services, for media companies, content owners, streaming media providers and broadcast operators.
News categories: Verimatrix, Asaf Ashkenazi, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
THEO powers 'blue TV' streaming service from Swisscom
Nov 17, 2020 – THEO Technologies has announced that THEOplayer will be used by Swisscom to deliver its blue TV (previously known as TV Air) service. Swisscom will now use THEOplayer across its web clients as well as on Connected TVs.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Swisscom, blue TV, Steven Tielemans, Samuel Schaerli, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Switzerland
THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
Jul 1, 2020 – THEO Technologies and Synamedia have launched the HESP Alliance. The goal is to fast-track the roll-out of low latency streaming by building an ecosystem around the High Efficiency Streaming Protocol (HESP) protocol.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Synamedia, Samie Beheydt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
THEO Technologies secures Series A funding
Mar 10, 2020 – THEO Technologies has announced that it raised $10M in a Series A funding round led by SmartFin Capital with participation from PMV and Media Invest Vlaanderen (MIV). THEO Technologies’ flagship product is its THEOplayer.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Steven Tielemans, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Belgium, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue