Digital TV News: THEO Technologies
THEOplayer adds support for MPEG-5 LCEVC
Sep 7, 2022 – THEO Technologies and V-Nova have announced that THEO Technologies' THEOplayer will support the MPEG-5 LCEVC codec enhancement. MPEG-5 LCEVC offers 40% lower bitrates, saving delivery cost while reducing encoding compute and energy consumption.
News categories: V-Nova, THEO Technologies, Guido Meardi, Steven Tielemans, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Worldwide
THEOplayer integrated with Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM
Aug 25, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that THEO Technologies has completed the integration of its THEOplayer with Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM, simplifying and speeding up delivery of secure video on any device.
News categories: Verimatrix, THEO Technologies, Sebastian Braun, Michel Roofthooft, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Verimatrix launches security platform for content, apps and devices
Feb 15, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has launched its Verimatrix Secure Delivery Platform, a cloud ecosystem that combines cybersecurity and anti-piracy services, for media companies, content owners, streaming media providers and broadcast operators.
News categories: Verimatrix, Asaf Ashkenazi, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
THEO powers 'blue TV' streaming service from Swisscom
Nov 17, 2020 – THEO Technologies has announced that THEOplayer will be used by Swisscom to deliver its blue TV (previously known as TV Air) service. Swisscom will now use THEOplayer across its web clients as well as on Connected TVs.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Swisscom, blue TV, Steven Tielemans, Samuel Schaerli, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Switzerland
THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
Jul 1, 2020 – THEO Technologies and Synamedia have launched the HESP Alliance. The goal is to fast-track the roll-out of low latency streaming by building an ecosystem around the High Efficiency Streaming Protocol (HESP) protocol.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Synamedia, Samie Beheydt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
THEO Technologies secures Series A funding
Mar 10, 2020 – THEO Technologies has announced that it raised $10M in a Series A funding round led by SmartFin Capital with participation from PMV and Media Invest Vlaanderen (MIV). THEO Technologies’ flagship product is its THEOplayer.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Steven Tielemans, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Belgium, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
THEO Technologies and IRIS.TV added to the VDMS ecosystem
Apr 8, 2019 – Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) has announced partnerships with THEO Technologies and Iris.TV to integrate their technologies with the VDMS platform. The addition expands VDMS’ capability to deliver personalized experiences with a simple workflow on a single platform.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, THEO Technologies, Iris.TV, Ralf Jacob, Steven Tielemans, Field Garthwaite, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
Imagine Communications, SpotX and THEO Technologies to show ad delivery system at IBC2018
Sep 6, 2018 – At IBC2018, Imagine Communications, SpotX and THEO Technologies will demonstrate a system that enables media companies to monetize inventory, create campaigns, play video on every device and platform, and deliver ads to IP-connected devices, addressable TV, and traditional linear broadcast screens from unified campaign and delivery silos.
News categories: Imagine Communications, SpotX, THEO Technologies, David Heppe, Allen Klosowski, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Worldwide
Agama and THEO Technologies announce strategic partnership
Sep 6, 2018 – Agama and THEO Technologies have announced that THEOplayer is integrated with Agama OTT service assurance. Via the combination, OTT video providers will now be able to offer services with the highest video quality, derive analytics and provide a superior customer experience.
News categories: Agama, THEO Technologies, Johan Görsjö, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV