Digital TV News: THEO Technologies
THEOplayer adds support for MPEG-5 LCEVC
Sep 7, 2022 – THEO Technologies and V-Nova have announced that THEO Technologies' THEOplayer will support the MPEG-5 LCEVC codec enhancement. MPEG-5 LCEVC offers 40% lower bitrates, saving delivery cost while reducing encoding compute and energy consumption.
News categories: V-Nova, THEO Technologies, Guido Meardi, Steven Tielemans, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Worldwide
THEOplayer integrated with Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM
Aug 25, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that THEO Technologies has completed the integration of its THEOplayer with Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM, simplifying and speeding up delivery of secure video on any device.
News categories: Verimatrix, THEO Technologies, Sebastian Braun, Michel Roofthooft, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Verimatrix launches security platform for content, apps and devices
Feb 15, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has launched its Verimatrix Secure Delivery Platform, a cloud ecosystem that combines cybersecurity and anti-piracy services, for media companies, content owners, streaming media providers and broadcast operators.
News categories: Verimatrix, Asaf Ashkenazi, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
THEO powers 'blue TV' streaming service from Swisscom
Nov 17, 2020 – THEO Technologies has announced that THEOplayer will be used by Swisscom to deliver its blue TV (previously known as TV Air) service. Swisscom will now use THEOplayer across its web clients as well as on Connected TVs.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Swisscom, blue TV, Steven Tielemans, Samuel Schaerli, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Switzerland
THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
Jul 1, 2020 – THEO Technologies and Synamedia have launched the HESP Alliance. The goal is to fast-track the roll-out of low latency streaming by building an ecosystem around the High Efficiency Streaming Protocol (HESP) protocol.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Synamedia, Samie Beheydt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
THEO Technologies secures Series A funding
Mar 10, 2020 – THEO Technologies has announced that it raised $10M in a Series A funding round led by SmartFin Capital with participation from PMV and Media Invest Vlaanderen (MIV). THEO Technologies’ flagship product is its THEOplayer.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Steven Tielemans, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Belgium, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
THEO Technologies and IRIS.TV added to the VDMS ecosystem
Apr 8, 2019 – Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) has announced partnerships with THEO Technologies and Iris.TV to integrate their technologies with the VDMS platform. The addition expands VDMS’ capability to deliver personalized experiences with a simple workflow on a single platform.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, THEO Technologies, Iris.TV, Ralf Jacob, Steven Tielemans, Field Garthwaite, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
Imagine Communications, SpotX and THEO Technologies to show ad delivery system at IBC2018
Sep 6, 2018 – At IBC2018, Imagine Communications, SpotX and THEO Technologies will demonstrate a system that enables media companies to monetize inventory, create campaigns, play video on every device and platform, and deliver ads to IP-connected devices, addressable TV, and traditional linear broadcast screens from unified campaign and delivery silos.
News categories: Imagine Communications, SpotX, THEO Technologies, David Heppe, Allen Klosowski, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Worldwide
Agama and THEO Technologies announce strategic partnership
Sep 6, 2018 – Agama and THEO Technologies have announced that THEOplayer is integrated with Agama OTT service assurance. Via the combination, OTT video providers will now be able to offer services with the highest video quality, derive analytics and provide a superior customer experience.
News categories: Agama, THEO Technologies, Johan Görsjö, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV