Digital TV News: Tim Alessi
LG introduces ATSC 3.0-enabled OLED TVs in USA
Jan 8, 2020 – LG, co-developer of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television standard, is ushering in the era of NEXTGEN TV with the introduction of six advanced new LG OLED TV models equipped to receive new services with enhanced content, pictures and sound.
News categories: LG Electronics, Tim Alessi, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Amazon Alexa Skill available on 2018 LG AI-enabled TVs
May 29, 2018 – LG Electronics USA has announced that 2018 LG OLED TVs and LG SUPER UHD TVs with AI ThinQ are now compatible with Alexa-enabled devices through the LG SmartThinQ Skill for Amazon Alexa.
News categories: LG Electronics, Tim Alessi, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
LG Demonstrates Mobile DTV Technology to Detroit Automaker Audience
Jun 3, 2010 – LG Electronics has demonstrated its industry-standard mobile DTV technology to representatives from the automobile industry and discussed how easy it will be to integrate Mobile DTV reception into existing and future car 'infotainment' systems.
News categories: LG Electronics, In-Car, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
LG Electronics Introduces First Mobile DTV In U.S. Designed to Receive Rugged Mobile DTV Signals
Dec 31, 2009 – LG Electronics is introducing the industry's first portable, battery-operated mobile DTV in the United States, designed to receive new rugged over-the-air signals being transmitted by local broadcasters.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2023, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
DivX and Film Fresh Partner to Offer Digital Downloads in DivX® Format
Aug 26, 2009 – DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) has announced that Film Fresh is the first U.S. download-to-own (DTO) online store to provide major motion picture titles in the high-quality secure DivX® format.
News categories: DivX, Film Fresh, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
LG Selects Broadcom for New LCD and Plasma Broadband HDTVs
Jun 15, 2009 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its integrated BCM3549 digital TV (DTV) system-on-a-chip (SoC) solution has been selected by LG Electronics (KSE: 066570.KS) for its new 'Broadband HDTVs.'
News categories: Broadcom, LG Electronics, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.