Digital TV News: Tim Alessi
LG introduces ATSC 3.0-enabled OLED TVs in USA
Jan 8, 2020 – LG, co-developer of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television standard, is ushering in the era of NEXTGEN TV with the introduction of six advanced new LG OLED TV models equipped to receive new services with enhanced content, pictures and sound.
News categories: LG Electronics, Tim Alessi, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Amazon Alexa Skill available on 2018 LG AI-enabled TVs
May 29, 2018 – LG Electronics USA has announced that 2018 LG OLED TVs and LG SUPER UHD TVs with AI ThinQ are now compatible with Alexa-enabled devices through the LG SmartThinQ Skill for Amazon Alexa.
News categories: LG Electronics, Tim Alessi, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
LG Demonstrates Mobile DTV Technology to Detroit Automaker Audience
Jun 3, 2010 – LG Electronics has demonstrated its industry-standard mobile DTV technology to representatives from the automobile industry and discussed how easy it will be to integrate Mobile DTV reception into existing and future car 'infotainment' systems.
News categories: LG Electronics, In-Car, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
LG Electronics Introduces First Mobile DTV In U.S. Designed to Receive Rugged Mobile DTV Signals
Dec 31, 2009 – LG Electronics is introducing the industry's first portable, battery-operated mobile DTV in the United States, designed to receive new rugged over-the-air signals being transmitted by local broadcasters.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
DivX and Film Fresh Partner to Offer Digital Downloads in DivX® Format
Aug 26, 2009 – DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) has announced that Film Fresh is the first U.S. download-to-own (DTO) online store to provide major motion picture titles in the high-quality secure DivX® format.
News categories: DivX, Film Fresh, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, USA
LG Selects Broadcom for New LCD and Plasma Broadband HDTVs
Jun 15, 2009 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its integrated BCM3549 digital TV (DTV) system-on-a-chip (SoC) solution has been selected by LG Electronics (KSE: 066570.KS) for its new 'Broadband HDTVs.'
News categories: Broadcom, LG Electronics, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0