Digital TV News: Tim Alessi
LG introduces ATSC 3.0-enabled OLED TVs in USA
Jan 8, 2020 – LG, co-developer of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television standard, is ushering in the era of NEXTGEN TV with the introduction of six advanced new LG OLED TV models equipped to receive new services with enhanced content, pictures and sound.
News categories: LG Electronics, Tim Alessi, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, Madeleine Noland, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Amazon Alexa Skill available on 2018 LG AI-enabled TVs
May 29, 2018 – LG Electronics USA has announced that 2018 LG OLED TVs and LG SUPER UHD TVs with AI ThinQ are now compatible with Alexa-enabled devices through the LG SmartThinQ Skill for Amazon Alexa.
News categories: LG Electronics, Tim Alessi, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
LG Demonstrates Mobile DTV Technology to Detroit Automaker Audience
Jun 3, 2010 – LG Electronics has demonstrated its industry-standard mobile DTV technology to representatives from the automobile industry and discussed how easy it will be to integrate Mobile DTV reception into existing and future car 'infotainment' systems.
News categories: LG Electronics, In-Car, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
LG Electronics Introduces First Mobile DTV In U.S. Designed to Receive Rugged Mobile DTV Signals
Dec 31, 2009 – LG Electronics is introducing the industry's first portable, battery-operated mobile DTV in the United States, designed to receive new rugged over-the-air signals being transmitted by local broadcasters.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2020, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
DivX and Film Fresh Partner to Offer Digital Downloads in DivX® Format
Aug 26, 2009 – DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) has announced that Film Fresh is the first U.S. download-to-own (DTO) online store to provide major motion picture titles in the high-quality secure DivX® format.
News categories: DivX, Film Fresh, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, USA
LG Selects Broadcom for New LCD and Plasma Broadband HDTVs
Jun 15, 2009 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its integrated BCM3549 digital TV (DTV) system-on-a-chip (SoC) solution has been selected by LG Electronics (KSE: 066570.KS) for its new 'Broadband HDTVs.'
News categories: Broadcom, LG Electronics, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers