Digital TV News: Tim Alessi
LG introduces ATSC 3.0-enabled OLED TVs in USA
Jan 8, 2020 – LG, co-developer of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television standard, is ushering in the era of NEXTGEN TV with the introduction of six advanced new LG OLED TV models equipped to receive new services with enhanced content, pictures and sound.
News categories: LG Electronics, Tim Alessi, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Amazon Alexa Skill available on 2018 LG AI-enabled TVs
May 29, 2018 – LG Electronics USA has announced that 2018 LG OLED TVs and LG SUPER UHD TVs with AI ThinQ are now compatible with Alexa-enabled devices through the LG SmartThinQ Skill for Amazon Alexa.
News categories: LG Electronics, Tim Alessi, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
LG Demonstrates Mobile DTV Technology to Detroit Automaker Audience
Jun 3, 2010 – LG Electronics has demonstrated its industry-standard mobile DTV technology to representatives from the automobile industry and discussed how easy it will be to integrate Mobile DTV reception into existing and future car 'infotainment' systems.
News categories: LG Electronics, In-Car, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
LG Electronics Introduces First Mobile DTV In U.S. Designed to Receive Rugged Mobile DTV Signals
Dec 31, 2009 – LG Electronics is introducing the industry's first portable, battery-operated mobile DTV in the United States, designed to receive new rugged over-the-air signals being transmitted by local broadcasters.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2022, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
DivX and Film Fresh Partner to Offer Digital Downloads in DivX® Format
Aug 26, 2009 – DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) has announced that Film Fresh is the first U.S. download-to-own (DTO) online store to provide major motion picture titles in the high-quality secure DivX® format.
News categories: DivX, Film Fresh, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, USA
LG Selects Broadcom for New LCD and Plasma Broadband HDTVs
Jun 15, 2009 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its integrated BCM3549 digital TV (DTV) system-on-a-chip (SoC) solution has been selected by LG Electronics (KSE: 066570.KS) for its new 'Broadband HDTVs.'
News categories: Broadcom, LG Electronics, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership