Digital TV News: UPC Polska
Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
Sep 22, 2021 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has reached a definitive agreement to sell its operations in Poland to iliad's Polish mobile subsidiary Play. UPC Poland has 1.4 million video subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Global, iliad, Play, UPC Polska, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Poland
Liberty Global withdraws application to acquire Multimedia Polska
Mar 23, 2018 – UPC Polska has announced that it has withdrawn its application for regulatory clearance to acquire Multimedia Polska after failing to agree on revised commercial terms with the sellers that take into account current regulatory and market conditions.
News categories: Liberty Global, Multimedia Polska, UPC Polska, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Poland
EU cable industry revenue grows to €23.5 billion in 2016
Dec 4, 2017 – The European cable industry continued to show resiliency and steady growth in 2016, increasing 4 percent from the prior year, to €23.5 billion, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Cable Europe.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
Showmax strikes deal with Play in Poland
May 16, 2017 – Showmax has agreed a partnership with Play, Poland’s fastest-growing mobile operator with more than 14 million subscribers. As part of the deal, complimentary access to Showmax will be made available to all new and existing Play contract customers.
News categories: Showmax, Play, John Kotsaftis, Digital TV, Mobile, Poland, Streaming
UOKiK releases report on pay TV in Poland
Oct 7, 2011 – Poland's Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK) has issued a report on the country's pay TV market. Services are provided by satellite, cable and IPTV. Satellite has the largest number of subscribers with over 6 million.
News categories: UOKiK, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Poland, Satellite, Subscribers
UPC leads in digital cable in Poland
Jun 13, 2011 – According to Poland's Chamber for Electronic Communication (PIKE), at the end of March 2011, UPC had the largest number of subscribers in Poland receiving digital cable TV, with a total of 408,000. Vectra was second with 331,000.
News categories: Polska Izba Komunikacji Elektronicznej, Cable TV, Market Research, Poland, Subscribers
UPC Polska catching up with Vectra in digital cable
Mar 11, 2010 – According to Poland's Chamber for Electronic Communication (Polska Izba Komunikacji Elektronicznej - PIKE), at the end of 2009, Vectra had the largest number of subscribers in Poland receiving digital cable TV, with a total of 240,000. UPC was second with 229,400.
News categories: Polska Izba Komunikacji Elektronicznej, UPC Polska, Vectra, Cable TV, Market Research, Poland, Subscribers
Vectra leads in digital cable in Poland
Oct 16, 2009 – According to Poland's Chamber for Electronic Communication (Polska Izba Komunikacji Elektronicznej - PIKE), Vectra has the largest number of subscribers in Poland receiving digital cable TV, with a total of 220,000.
News categories: Polska Izba Komunikacji Elektronicznej, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Poland, Subscribers
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia