Digital TV News: WIND Hellas
United Group to acquire Wind Hellas
Aug 16, 2021 – United Group has reached an agreement with Crystal Almond Holdings to acquire Wind Hellas. Wind has a total of 4.2 million users in Greece and offers mobile, fixed, internet, and television services.
News categories: United Group, Wind Hellas, Nikos Stathopoulos, Victoriya Boklag, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, MandA
WIND VISION using ZAPPWARE cloud-native TV solution on AWS
Jun 3, 2021 – ZAPPWARE has announced that cloud-native versions of its back office and tools are running on AWS services, giving WIND VISION access to a secure set of cloud services for the benefit of its users.
News categories: ZAPPWARE, WIND Hellas, AWS, Patrick Vos, Hermann Riedl, Digital TV, Greece, UX
WIND Hellas launches ABR service with Broadpeak
Jul 15, 2020 – WIND Hellas has chosen Broadpeak's streaming and recording solutions to power its new ABR service. The service was launched in collaboration with Zappware who provided the full TV solution.
News categories: Broadpeak, WIND Hellas, Jacques Le Mancq, Hermann Riedl, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece
WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware
Nov 27, 2019 – WIND Hellas announced the launch of its cloud-based recording service. The Android TV solution is built and operated by Zappware as a turnkey service and has been rolled out to all WIND VISION users.
News categories: Zappware, WIND Hellas, Patrick Vos, Hermann Riedl, Android TV, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, UX
Zappware and castLabs deliver new WIND Hellas TV service
Sep 6, 2018 – castLabs has partnered with Zappware to provide an end-to-end premium video delivery solution for WIND VISION, a new TV service by WIND Hellas, the first in Greece with both Android TV and Netflix.
News categories: Zappware, castLabs, WIND Hellas, Patrick Vos, Michael Stattmann, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Greece, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX
WIND Hellas launches TV service powered by ZAPPWARE
Apr 25, 2018 – WIND Hellas has announced the launch of its multi-screen pay TV service. The solution is built and operated by Zappware as a turnkey service.
News categories: Zappware, WIND Hellas, Patrick Vos, Hermann Riedl, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, Mobile, Set Top Box, UX
WIND Hellas chooses ZAPPWARE cloud-based TV
Feb 20, 2017 – WIND Hellas has announced that it will cooperate with Zappware to offer high end TV services to its customers. Thanks to Zappware’s turnkey technology solution WIND Hellas will launch a new multiscreen video service by the end of the year.
News categories: Zappware, WIND Hellas, Patrick Vos, Hermann Riedl, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, Mobile
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform