Digital TV News: Walt Horstman
VideoAmp extends TV viewership data access via partnership with TiVo
Dec 16, 2019 – VideoAmp is partnering with TiVo to allow it to combine TV viewership data from Smart TVs (ACR) with the same from cable and satellite set-top boxes. The expanded data set extends VideoAmp’s TV Viewership data pool to cover 25 million devices in 19 million U.S. households.
News categories: VideoAmp, TiVo, Randy Laughlin, Walt Horstman, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo chooses SpotX for monetization of CTV ad inventory
Dec 11, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced a partnership with SpotX to power the monetization of TiVo+ and TiVo's connected TV (CTV) ad inventory. As TiVo's supply-side platform (SSP), SpotX will help programmatically manage, sell, and optimize the inventory.
News categories: SpotX, TiVo, Geoff Spence, Walt Horstman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Neustar integrates TiVo TV viewership data into attribution models
Apr 25, 2019 – Neustar and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced that TiVo’s TV viewership data, which reaches across all 210 US DMAs and millions of households, will now be available in the Neustar Multi-Touch Attribution and Unified Marketing Analytics solutions.
News categories: Neustar, TiVo Corp, Michael Schoen, Walt Horstman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Redbox chooses TiVo for personalization and content discovery
Apr 8, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Redbox has chosen TiVo to deliver personalized content experiences to its customers via TiVo’s Personalized Content Discovery platform. Redbox is America’s destination for new-release movie and video game rentals.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Redbox, Walt Horstman, Ash Eldifrawi, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
TVSquared partners with TiVo for deterministic attribution
Feb 13, 2019 – TVSquared has added TiVo’s deterministic TV viewership segments to its ADvantage platform. Incorporating TiVo’s television viewership segments within the analytics platform allows TVSquared customers to tie TV-driven response and conversions to the household level.
News categories: TVSquared, TiVo Corp, Calum Smeaton, Walt Horstman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
TiVo releases churn analysis from its content discovery platform
Jan 8, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has released the findings from a recent churn reduction analysis pulled from its Personalized Content Discovery Platform (PCD). Among some of the key findings uncovered were that churn is directly related to long-term audience retention.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Walt Horstman, Chris Ambrozic, Big Data, CES2020, Digital TV, USA, UX
Com Hem selects TiVo’s Personalized Content Discovery Platform
Sep 13, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Com Hem Group has deployed TiVo’s Personalized Content Discovery Platform on its TV and mobile platforms, including both Android and Apple iOS. The platform consists of personalized search and recommendations and analytics capabilities.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Com Hem, Walt Horstman, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2020, Sweden, UX
TiVo and Tru Optik make linear TV viewing data available for OTT targeting
Mar 27, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced a deal with Tru Optik under which TiVo’s linear TV viewership data, which reaches across all 210 national DMAs and more than 2 million households, will be available through Tru Optik’s OTT Marketing Cloud.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Tru Optik, Walt Horstman, Andre Swanston, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
LiveRamp launches IdentityLink for television
Mar 5, 2018 – LiveRamp (NASDAQ: ACXM) has announced the extension of its IdentityLink platform to television. For the first time, brands, agencies, programmers and technology platforms will be able to execute people-based TV media planning, buying and measurement that is scalable and secure across the TV ecosystem.
News categories: LiveRamp, Allison Metcalfe, Anneka Gupta, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs