Digital TV News: Walt Horstman
TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
May 11, 2021 – Xandr and TiVo (NASDAQ: XPER) have agreed to make TiVo's ad-supported CTV inventory available to buyers in the Xandr Marketplace. The agreement includes TiVo’s pre-roll and in-stream content CTV advertising offerings.
News categories: Xandr, TiVo, Alex Chatfield, Walt Horstman, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
Apr 13, 2021 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that Vodafone España has enabled TiVo’s Sponsored Discovery product across the Vodafone TV (VTV) platform in Spain, giving content owners a new way to promote content on the platform.
News categories: TiVo, Vodafone, Advertising, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain, UX
TiVo to expand ad reach with BDEX ML-based audience targeting
Mar 24, 2021 – TiVo will use the BDEX Omnisource IQ — Machine Learning solution to create, based on its TV data, a model of advertisers’ ideal target audiences. Advertisers can then activate these audiences via the platform of their choice.
News categories: BDEX, TiVo, David Finkelstein, Walt Horstman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
VideoAmp extends TV viewership data access via partnership with TiVo
Dec 16, 2019 – VideoAmp is partnering with TiVo to allow it to combine TV viewership data from Smart TVs (ACR) with the same from cable and satellite set-top boxes. The expanded data set extends VideoAmp’s TV Viewership data pool to cover 25 million devices in 19 million U.S. households.
News categories: VideoAmp, TiVo, Randy Laughlin, Walt Horstman, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo chooses SpotX for monetization of CTV ad inventory
Dec 11, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced a partnership with SpotX to power the monetization of TiVo+ and TiVo's connected TV (CTV) ad inventory. As TiVo's supply-side platform (SSP), SpotX will help programmatically manage, sell, and optimize the inventory.
News categories: SpotX, TiVo, Geoff Spence, Walt Horstman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Neustar integrates TiVo TV viewership data into attribution models
Apr 25, 2019 – Neustar and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced that TiVo’s TV viewership data, which reaches across all 210 US DMAs and millions of households, will now be available in the Neustar Multi-Touch Attribution and Unified Marketing Analytics solutions.
News categories: Neustar, TiVo Corp, Michael Schoen, Walt Horstman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Redbox chooses TiVo for personalization and content discovery
Apr 8, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Redbox has chosen TiVo to deliver personalized content experiences to its customers via TiVo’s Personalized Content Discovery platform. Redbox is America’s destination for new-release movie and video game rentals.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Redbox, Walt Horstman, Ash Eldifrawi, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
TVSquared partners with TiVo for deterministic attribution
Feb 13, 2019 – TVSquared has added TiVo’s deterministic TV viewership segments to its ADvantage platform. Incorporating TiVo’s television viewership segments within the analytics platform allows TVSquared customers to tie TV-driven response and conversions to the household level.
News categories: TVSquared, TiVo Corp, Calum Smeaton, Walt Horstman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
TiVo releases churn analysis from its content discovery platform
Jan 8, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has released the findings from a recent churn reduction analysis pulled from its Personalized Content Discovery Platform (PCD). Among some of the key findings uncovered were that churn is directly related to long-term audience retention.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Walt Horstman, Chris Ambrozic, Big Data, CES2022, Digital TV, USA, UX
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics