Digital TV News: Yahlive
SES reaches 351 million TV homes worldwide
Apr 4, 2018 – The number of video households served by SES has continued to increase, reaching 351 million TV homes in 2017 according to SES’s annual market research, Satellite Monitor. This compares with 325 million households in 2016.
News categories: SES S.A, Ferdinand Kayser, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
854 FTA satellite channels in the MENA region
Aug 7, 2016 – According to Arab Advisors, the number of FTA satellite channels in the Arab World was 854 in May 2016. The channels are broadcast on Arabsat, Nilesat, Noorsat and Yahlive. The majority are in SD, with 2.1% broadcasting in High Definition.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Noor Al Asmar, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
HDTV progressing well in the Arab World
Apr 6, 2015 – According to a new report from Arab Advisors Group, by March 2015, the satellites covering the Arab World carried 195 HD channels up from 134 HD channels by February 2014.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Noor Asmar, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
724 FTA satellite channels target the Arab region
Nov 27, 2014 – The number of operational FTA satellite channels in the Arab World reached 724 in September 2014. The majority of the channels are broadcast in Standard Definition (SD), while 10.5% are in High Definition (HD), according to Arab Advisors.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Dalia Haddad, Hind Qweider, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
Yahlive, Alef and SVS to develop DTH service for Afghanistan
Oct 29, 2014 – Yahlive, Alef Technology and SVS Satellite Systems have announced a collaboration by which SVS will design and integrate a DTH platform based in Kabul, Afghanistan. The DTH platform will be operated by Alef Technology via the Yahsat 1A satellite.
News categories: Yahlive, Alef Technology, SVS Satellite Systems, Magnus Simons, Andrew Kaszubski, Abdullah Saglam, Afghanistan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
UAE grants Al Maisan Satellite Communications a DTH Services License
Aug 10, 2011 – The UAE Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) has awarded Al Maisan Satellite Communications Company (YahLive) a ten-year satellite services license for Broadcasting Satellite Transmission of Services.
News categories: Yahsat, Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, UAE
SES Delivers Growth From Strong First Quarter Operational Performance
Apr 23, 2009 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has reported financial performance for the three months to 31 March 2009. High definition TV services continued to proliferate; the group now carries a total of 136 HDTV programmes - 67 in the U.S. and 69 in Europe.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Europe, North America, Results, Satellite
SES ASTRA and Yahsat Start Middle-East Satellite Company
Apr 20, 2009 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it has entered into a partnership with Al Yah Satellite Communications (Yahsat) to offer DTH television capacity and services to the Middle East, North Africa and South West Asia.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Yahsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- Korean and US content power online video consumption in SE Asia
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E