Digital TV News: Zane Vella
Watchwith acquires machine learning technology from ARRIS
Jun 30, 2016 – Watchwith has acquired ARRIS's Media Analysis Framework (MAF), a cloudbased machine learning and automated metadata generation platform. Several key ARRIS engineers will join Watchwith to open a new R&D office in Chicago.
News categories: Watchwith, ARRIS, Zane Vella, Faisal Ishtiaq, Bruce McClelland, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Related Content Database Supports Development of Flixster Application to Samsung Smart TVs
Jan 11, 2012 – Related Content Database (RCDb) has announced its participation in the development of a 'disc to digital' application for Flixster. The disc to digital feature allows consumers to add their existing DVD libraries to their UltraViolet digital library.
News categories: Related Content Database, Flixster, Samsung, Apps, Content Protection, DVD, OTT, Smart TV
Verimatrix and RCDb to Secure and Deliver Premium Video to LG Smart TVs and Blu-ray™ Players
Sep 8, 2011 – Verimatrix, Related Content Database (RCDb) and LG (KSE: 066570) have unveiled a complete solution for pay-TV operators and broadcasters to securely deliver their premium content offering over IP to LG's Smart TV platform and Blu-ray players.
News categories: RCDb, Verimatrix, LG Electronics, Blu-ray, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Smart TV
RCDb and Verimatrix Partner to Secure Premium Video Distribution to Internet-Connected Blu-ray Players
Sep 13, 2010 – Verimatrix and Related Content Database (RCDb) have unveiled at IBC2010 the first licensable solution for securing premium video content for over the top (OTT) distribution to Internet connected Blu-ray players.
News categories: Verimatrix, RCDb, Blu-ray, Content Protection, IBCShowcase, OTT
Cable VOD Now Possible on Blu-ray
Aug 19, 2010 – Clearleap and Related Content Database (RCDb) have announced a joint solution that will give pay TV operators the ability to deliver their full VOD libraries to any subscriber with an internet connected Blu-ray player.
News categories: Clearleap, RCDb, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement