Canada Digital TV News
Fifteen Roku TV brands to launch in 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that 15 TV brands will launch Roku TV models in 2020. Brands include ATVIO, Element, Hisense, Hitachi, InFocus, JVC, Magnavox, onn., Philips, Polaroid, RCA, Sanyo, TCL and Westinghouse.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2020, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
Vidéotron acquires Cable Amos
Dec 23, 2019 – Vidéotron has agreed to acquire Télédistribution Amos (Cable Amos) and its network. The Québec telecom leader expects that residents living in Cable Amos’ service area will be able to join its subscriber family in the coming months.
News categories: Videotron, Cable Amos, Jean-François Pruneau, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MnA
Konka expands brand to the United States and Canada
Dec 13, 2019 – The Konka Group has announced a brand expansion into the North American market. Konka plans to launch a range of 'market-right' TV and Smart Home series. The lineup will offer consumers both high performance and high value.
News categories: Konka, Scott Ramirez, Bruce Fairchild, Canada, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
Dec 5, 2019 – TekSavvy and affiliate cable company Hastings Cable Vision have announced the launch of a Cloud PVR service and other advanced features. TekSavvy TV Cloud PVR works like a traditional PVR only now the customer can store their recorded content in the TekSavvy TV Cloud.
News categories: TekSavvy, Hastings Cable Vision, Jeremy McCarthy, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV
StackAdapt and SpotX partner for Connected TV in Canada
Nov 25, 2019 – StackAdapt and SpotX have announced a partnership focused on Connected TV (CTV) inventory and audiences, enabling advertisers to reach Canadian viewers of OTT content. Advertisers working with StackAdapt can now access premium inventory from more than 600 media owners.
News categories: SpotX, StackAdapt, Kelly McMahon, Michael Shang, Advertising, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, OTT
Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
Nov 13, 2019 – Disney+, the highly anticipated streaming service from The Walt Disney Company, has already reached a major milestone, achieving a remarkable 10 million sign-ups since launching.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Canada, Digital TV, Netherlands, OTT, Subscribers, USA
Disney+ gets some traction, Apple TV lags in streaming wars
Nov 12, 2019 – Eagle Alpha has surveyed 5 million tweets from Twitter users in North America, excluding retweets, that mentioned Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV Plus, Hulu or Roku, to update its ongoing analysis of streaming video providers.
News categories: Eagle Alpha, Dean Barr, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Disney+ launches in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands
Nov 12, 2019 – Disney+, from The Walt Disney Company, is now live in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, bringing together for the first time a lineup of content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and more.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Robert A. Iger, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Netherlands, OTT, USA
True Royalty TV scales D2C service with Vimeo OTT technology
Oct 29, 2019 – True Royalty TV has announced that it is using Vimeo’s OTT technology to accelerate its direct-to-consumer business. Vimeo now powers True Royalty TV in all markets, including the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
News categories: Vimeo, True Royalty TV, Kathleen Barrett, Gregor Angus, Apps, Australia, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, New Zealand, OTT, UK, USA
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020