QoE (Quality of Experience), QA, Test and Monitoring News
iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
Mar 25, 2020 – iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) is rolling-out Testing Stations to provide data on the experience of its service on different devices and networks. The first started in Singapore at the end of 2019. Similar stations are planned for Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines and Indonesia.
News categories: iQIYI, Ye Tao, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT, Philippines, QoE, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
Mar 24, 2020 – Qligent has initiated deployment of its Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis system for Sinclair Broadcast Group (NASDAQ: SBGI). The system will support QoS/QoE, compliance and transmission monitoring across 191 TV stations in 89 U.S. markets.
News categories: Qligent, Sinclair Broadcast, John Shoemaker, Mike Kralec, Digital TV, QoE, Terrestrial, USA
A1 Bulgaria selects Agama for service quality and customer experience assurance
Feb 4, 2020 – Agama Technologies has announced that A1 Bulgaria has implemented Agama's Client Device Monitoring and Analytics solution (CDM). This solution enables real-time understanding of service performance and customer experience for every subscriber.
News categories: Agama, A1 Bulgaria, Mikael Dahlgren, Jordan Mladenov, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
Edge Networks selects ENENSYS TestTree for ATSC 3.0 testing
Dec 12, 2019 – ENENSYS has announced that Edge Networks has selected TestTree’s ReFeree 3 to test their NEXTGEN TV/ATSC 3.0 distribution. Edge Networks received approval from the FCC on July 18, 2019 to launch two ATSC 3.0 stations in the Boise, Idaho market.
News categories: TestTree, Edge Networks, Jean-Pierre Thomas, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, USA
Enea Openwave optimizes Apple TV+ streaming
Nov 5, 2019 – Enea (Stockholm: ENEA) has announced that Enea Openwave has successfully optimized Apple TV+ over mobile networks, using its traffic management technology. Algorithms were used to dynamically optimize Apple’s encrypted video content to deliver a higher quality viewing experience.
News categories: Enea, Indranil Chatterjee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, QoE, Worldwide
Broadpeak to show integrations at APAC Android TV Summit
Oct 30, 2019 – Broadpeak has announced that it has integrated several of its video delivery solutions into the Android TV framework, offering support for ultra-low-latency live streaming, server-side ad insertion and replacement, video analytics, cloud PVR, and UHD and HDR delivery.
News categories: Broadpeak, Jacques Le Mancq, Advertising, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
ZEE5 chooses Kaltura TV Platform Player for its Cloud TV service
Sep 25, 2019 – ZEE5 has partnered with Kaltura for the deployment of the Kaltura TV Platform Player. The player provides ZEE5 with QoE supporting over 8,000 devices, provides elastic scale and includes native support of advertising insertion and measurement.
News categories: Kaltura, ZEE5, Ron Yekutiel, Tarun Katial, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Media Player, OTT, QoE
Wyplay comprehensive Android TV offering for operators
Jun 5, 2019 – Wyplay has released the most exhaustive Android TV offering on the market. Starting from its video solution, Wyplay has tailored its software to fit with the Android TV ecosystem. This is then complemented by a full range of Professional Services.
News categories: Wyplay, Jacques Bourgnignaud, Android TV, ANGA COM, Big Data, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Mobile, QoE, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
May 20, 2019 – With streaming rapidly becoming a high-priority investment area for media firms, the $62.0 million OTT monitoring and compliance (M&C) market is forecast to expand at a CAGR of 15.8% to reach $149.7 million by 2024, according to Frost & Sullivan.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Robert Cavin, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0