Digital TV News: ANCOM
Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
May 15, 2019 – According to ANCOM, in 2018 the number of pay TV subscribers in Romania grew by 3%, reaching a total of 7.64 million. The trend of previous years continued with subscribers shifting from satellite to cable and IPTV.
News categories: ANCOM, Sorin Grindeanu, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
Romania adds 110,000 pay TV subscribers in 2H 2016
May 25, 2017 – At end-2016, there were about 7.3 million subscribers to paid audio-visual programme retransmission services in Romania, up by 3% year-on-year, according to data reported to ANCOM by service providers.
News categories: ANCOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
Romania's ANCOM completes fourth auction of DTT multiplexes
Feb 20, 2017 – Two new local multiplexes, in Iasi and Timisoara, have been awarded in the fourth DTT auction held by ANCOM. M PLUS INVESTMENTS won the Iasi local multiplex, while NOVA MEDIA won a local multiplex for Timisoara.
News categories: ANCOM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Romania, Terrestrial
Romania ends 1H 2016 with 7.2 million pay TV subscribers
Oct 12, 2016 – According to data published by ANCOM, at the end of the first half of 2016, there were 7.2 million subscribers to paid audio-visual programme retransmission services in Romania, up 5% y.o.y.
News categories: ANCOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
75.9 million homes in Central and Eastern Europe have pay TV
Jun 28, 2016 – Pay TV revenue in Central and Eastern Europe totaled €5.02 billion in 2015, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). There were 75.9 million homes in Central and Eastern Europe that had pay TV, an increase of 31 percent between 2010 and 2015.
News categories: IHS, Digital TV, Market Research, Poland, Romania, Russia, Subscribers
ANCOM awards more digital TV multiplexes in Romania
May 13, 2015 – Following bids submitted by the three candidates qualified in the Romanian auction for DTT multiplexes, the auction commission has announced that four multiplexes have been awarded. Info Total Press won three and TV Sat 2002 won one.
News categories: ANCOM, Content Distribution, Romania, Terrestrial
Romania launches new DTT multiplex auction
Mar 18, 2015 – The Romanian Authority for Management and Regulation in Communications (ANCOM) has launched an auction to award the two national, 31 regional and 19 local DTT multiplexes unallocated in the previous selection process.
News categories: ANCOM, Content Distribution, Regulation, Romania, Terrestrial
Five companies bid for DTV multiplex capacity in Romania
Jan 14, 2015 – Five companies have submitted applications in the second procedure held for awarding the digital television multiplexes under which Romanian regulator, ANCOM, is making available to the market 2 national multiplexes, 40 regional multiplexes and 19 local multiplexes.
News categories: ANCOM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, Romania, Terrestrial
Romania to auction two national DTT multiplexes
Sep 25, 2014 – The Romanian Authority for Management and Regulation in Communications (ANCOM) has launched a public consultation in preparation for the auction of two remaining national DTT multiplexes, plus 40 regional and 19 local multiplexes.
News categories: ANCOM, Bogdan IANA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Romania, Terrestrial
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box