Digital TV News: ATSC
NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
May 26, 2020 – Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI), Nexstar Media (NASDAQ: NXST), and The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) have announced that their Las Vegas television stations have begun broadcasting in NEXTGEN TV powered by ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar Media, Scripps, Chris Ripley, Perry Sook, Brian Lawlor, John Hane, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
May 19, 2020 – COSMOTE TV has gone live with Synamedia’s Media Streamer CDN platform for its new streaming service. Media Streamer provides virtualized edge caching and streaming through a network of servers deployed across cities throughout Greece.
News categories: Synamedia, COSMOTE, Julien Signes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, OTT
FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
May 18, 2020 – FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr has announced that the FCC will vote on his plan to promote the build out of Broadcast Internet services, enabled by ATSC 3.0 and delivered over an efficient one-to-many architecture.
News categories: FCC, Dennis Wharton, Jamie Susskind, ATSC, Broadband, Digital TV, Regulation, USA
Telos Audio Processor integrates Verance watermarking for ATSC 3.0
May 12, 2020 – Telos Alliance has announced the availability of Verance Aspect watermarking in its LA-5300 Broadcast Audio Processor. The LA-5300 processor was developed by Telos Alliance specifically for ATSC 3.0 services.
News categories: Verance, Telos Alliance, Nil Shah, John Schur, ATSC, Content Distribution, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
Synamedia, Thomson Broadcast, Triveni Digital offer ATSC 3.0 Channel-in-the-Cloud
May 6, 2020 – Synamedia has announced an ATSC 3.0-ready cloud solution with Thomson Broadcast and Triveni Digital, providing a fast way for station operators to trial ATSC 3.0 with minimal disruption to their existing stations before investing in on-premise equipment.
News categories: Synamedia, Thomson Broadcast, Triveni Digital, Julien Signes, Aby Alexander, Mark Simpson, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Synamedia announces ATSC 3.0 IRD for cable operators
May 6, 2020 – Synamedia has developed an ATSC 3.0 receiver based on its Media Edge Gateway receiver/decoder (IRD). The solution can function as both an RF and IP receiver, and will enable cable operators to capitalize on the next-generation distribution market.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, ATSC, Cable TV, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
Red Bee and TitanTV extend program guide partnership
Apr 23, 2020 – Red Bee has extended its relationship with TitanTV, continuing the delivery of Content Discovery services. Through the partnership, Red Bee and TitanTV provide linear and VOD guide services for OTA, OTT, and NextGenTV (ATSC3.0).
News categories: Red Bee, TitanTV, Steve Nylund, Heidi Steffen, Big Data, Digital TV, North America, UX
Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
Apr 2, 2020 – Edge Networks has launched of its over-the-air television service, Evoca. Using ATSC 3.0 technology, the service offers 80+ TV channels. Rolling out first in Boise, Idaho, Evoca will offer HD and 4K services for less than $50 per month.
News categories: Edge Networks, Evoca, Todd Achilles, ATSC, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
Mar 31, 2020 – The FCC has released a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking seeking comment on proposed rule changes to permit greater flexibility for broadcasters to use distributed transmission systems (DTS) as they deploy ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, ATSC, Digital TV, Regulation, Terrestrial, USA
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months