Digital TV News: Digiturk
Digiturk selects Unified Streaming to consolidate video delivery
Jan 24, 2019 – Digiturk has chosen Unified Streaming to support its newly consolidated video-streaming environment. Features will include support of a multi-CDN and multi-DRM strategy and the integration of an efficient, user-friendly nPVR.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Digiturk, Simon Westbroek, Hatice Memigüven, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Turkey
Pay TV competition biting in the MENA region
Jan 15, 2018 – Pay TV revenues in the Middle East and North Africa will reach $3.62 billion in 2023 – up by only 7.8% on 2017. Pay TV revenues will fall in 2018. They will be flat in 2019 before starting a slow recovery.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East
Eutelsat renews long-term video capacity agreement with Digiturk
Jul 27, 2017 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Digiturk have concluded a multi-year multi-transponder agreement on the EUTELSAT 7A satellite, extending a collaboration that began in 2000 with the launch of Turkey’s first pay-TV platform.
News categories: Eutelsat, Digiturk, Rodolphe Belmer, Yousef Al-Obaidly, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Turkey
MENA pay TV revenue forecasts downgraded
Feb 6, 2017 – Pay TV revenues for the 20 countries in the Middle East and North Africa will reach $4 billion in 2021 – down from $5 billion in Digital TV Research's previous forecast. Turkey, Israel, the UAE and Saudi Arabia will account for 90% of the shortfall.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial
Nine operators dominate MEA pay TV
Aug 1, 2016 – According to Digital TV Research, pay TV subscriptions in the Middle East & Africa region will increase by 67% between 2015 and 2021 – from 32.37 million to 54.09 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Telcos snapping at heels of established pay TV operators
Sep 17, 2015 – According to Futuresource Consulting, following a number of false starts in Western Europe, IPTV homes are now a viable platform, hitting 27 million in 2014, 15% of all TV households, with growth of 30% expected between now and 2019.
News categories: Futuresource, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Pan-African pay TV platforms set to boom
Sep 16, 2015 – Pan-African pay TV platforms are set to boom, according to Digital TV Research. Pay DTT platform GOtv will gain 5.84 million subs between 2014 and 2020 to reach 7.50 million – more than quadruple its 2014 total.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Poland, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Turkey
AirTies and Octoshape selected by Digiturk for international OTT service
Jul 28, 2014 – AirTies and Octoshape have announced that Digiturk has selected their joint solution to deliver premium programming over-the-top (OTT) to its international customers.
News categories: AirTies, Octoshape, Digiturk, Hatice Memigüven, Bulend Celebi, Michael Koehn Milland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Turkey, Worldwide
Motive Television STB deployment exceeds expectations in Turkey
Jan 16, 2014 – Motive Television has been informed by Digiturk that during 2013 approximately 115,000 set-top boxes containing Motive's technology were provided to subscriber homes.
News categories: Motive Television, Digiturk, Leonard M Fertig, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware