Digital TV News: Funai Electric
Funai and Valens Semi to Demonstrate HDBaseT™ Technology at IFA
Aug 24, 2009 – Valens Semiconductor and Funai Electric will jointly demonstrate Valens's HDBaseT™ technology at IFA. Valens's VS100 chip will be activated to connect Funai's DVD Player and HD television in the booth.
News categories: Valens Semi, Funai, DVD, IFA2019, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Zodiac Interactive and Alticast Team on Tru2way™ Technology
Jan 26, 2009 – Zodiac Interactive and Alticast have announced that they will bundle Zodiac PowerUp™ for tru2way technology with Alticast AltiCaptor™. The combined solution will enable MSOs to deliver interactive services and applications and advanced VOD.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, Alticast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Funai Blu-ray Player Achieves DivX Certification™
Sep 2, 2008 – DivX (NASDAQ:DIVX) and Funai Electric have announced the DivX Certification™ of a new Blu-ray player from Funai. The player will be launched in the European market in October.
News categories: DivX, Funai Electric, Blu-ray, DVD, Europe, IFA2019, Media Player
LG Electronics and Funai Electric Sign Tru2way™ MOU
Jul 28, 2008 – CableLabs has announced that LG Electronics (Seoul:066570) and Funai Electric (Tokyo:6839) have signed the multi-industry tru2way™ Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
News categories: CableLabs, LG Electronics, Funai, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Funai Electric to Demonstrate Residential Gateway Supporting Cable's All Digital Transition at The Cable Show '08 in New Orleans
May 13, 2008 – Funai Electric (TSE/OSE 6839) will exhibit a new residential gateway at The Cable Show in New Orleans. Funai developed the residential gateway for the U.S. cable market with core technology based on TeraPIX™ silicon from BroadLogic.
News categories: Funai, BroadLogic, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor, USA
Funai Electric Exhibits Tru2way™ Set Top Box at The Cable Show '08 in New Orleans
May 13, 2008 – Funai Electric (TSE/OSE 6839) has announced that it will exhibit a tru2way™ set top box, developed in collaboration with its middleware partner Vividlogic, at The Cable Show '08, May 18-20 in New Orleans.
News categories: Funai, VividLogic, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
The Open IPTV Forum, now consisting of 26 members, publishes its end-to-end Architecture specification
Mar 7, 2008 – The first version of the Service and Platform Requirements document, for both Managed and Open Internet models was released in the autumn of 2007. This document was followed recently by the first Architecture specification.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Digital TV, IPTV
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service