Digital TV News: Funai Electric
Funai and Valens Semi to Demonstrate HDBaseT™ Technology at IFA
Aug 24, 2009 – Valens Semiconductor and Funai Electric will jointly demonstrate Valens's HDBaseT™ technology at IFA. Valens's VS100 chip will be activated to connect Funai's DVD Player and HD television in the booth.
News categories: Valens Semi, Funai, DVD, IFA2020, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Zodiac Interactive and Alticast Team on Tru2way™ Technology
Jan 26, 2009 – Zodiac Interactive and Alticast have announced that they will bundle Zodiac PowerUp™ for tru2way technology with Alticast AltiCaptor™. The combined solution will enable MSOs to deliver interactive services and applications and advanced VOD.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, Alticast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Funai Blu-ray Player Achieves DivX Certification™
Sep 2, 2008 – DivX (NASDAQ:DIVX) and Funai Electric have announced the DivX Certification™ of a new Blu-ray player from Funai. The player will be launched in the European market in October.
News categories: DivX, Funai Electric, Blu-ray, DVD, Europe, IFA2020, Media Player
LG Electronics and Funai Electric Sign Tru2way™ MOU
Jul 28, 2008 – CableLabs has announced that LG Electronics (Seoul:066570) and Funai Electric (Tokyo:6839) have signed the multi-industry tru2way™ Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
News categories: CableLabs, LG Electronics, Funai, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Funai Electric to Demonstrate Residential Gateway Supporting Cable's All Digital Transition at The Cable Show '08 in New Orleans
May 13, 2008 – Funai Electric (TSE/OSE 6839) will exhibit a new residential gateway at The Cable Show in New Orleans. Funai developed the residential gateway for the U.S. cable market with core technology based on TeraPIX™ silicon from BroadLogic.
News categories: Funai, BroadLogic, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor, USA
Funai Electric Exhibits Tru2way™ Set Top Box at The Cable Show '08 in New Orleans
May 13, 2008 – Funai Electric (TSE/OSE 6839) has announced that it will exhibit a tru2way™ set top box, developed in collaboration with its middleware partner Vividlogic, at The Cable Show '08, May 18-20 in New Orleans.
News categories: Funai, VividLogic, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
The Open IPTV Forum, now consisting of 26 members, publishes its end-to-end Architecture specification
Mar 7, 2008 – The first version of the Service and Platform Requirements document, for both Managed and Open Internet models was released in the autumn of 2007. This document was followed recently by the first Architecture specification.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Digital TV, IPTV
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers
- NLogic and TVbeat bring holistic TV ad management to Canada
- Netflix, Hulu user numbers fell as COVID-19 measures were relaxed