Digital TV News: Globoplay
Globo moves to cloud-based encoding with Bitmovin
Nov 10, 2020 – Bitmovin ahs announced that Globo, the largest mass media group in Latin America, has selected Bitmovin Encoding to speed up the delivery of 4K video streams to its digital subscribers.
News categories: Bitmovin, Globo, Lucas Teixeira Stephanou, Stefan Lederer, Igor Macaubas, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Roku launches Roku Express in Brazil
Sep 2, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the launch of Roku Express, the company TV streaming device, in Brazil. The Roku Express is expected to be available in stores in the upcoming weeks at an average starting price of R$349.90.
News categories: Roku, Arthur van Rest, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Brazil's video market picks up the pace
Mar 18, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, Brazil’s video entertainment market has emerged from the shadow of recession. New SVoD services from global players and increased investment in pay TV and OTT services by local media companies are seen as the key drivers.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Brazil, Digital TV, Market Research
Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
Jan 21, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is partnering with AOC to bring the AOC Roku TV to consumers in Brazil. The TV will offer consumers a smart TV experience that is easy to use, with great streaming entertainment at an affordable price.
News categories: Roku, TPV, Globoplay, G2C Globo, Anthony Wood, Arthur van Rest, Andre Romanon, Erick Brêtas, Fernando Ramos, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
ELSYS adds security camera support to STB based on Frog middleware
Dec 17, 2019 – Elsys has integrated a range of security video cameras on the Elsys TOTALMAX receiver powered by Frog, the Wyplay open source middleware. ELSYS developed and customized the middleware in partnership with Globo for its SAT HD Regional project.
News categories: Wyplay, Elsys, Jacques Bourgninaud, Damian Zisman, Brazil, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5