Digital TV News: IQIYI
Chinese streaming platforms taking over SE Asian markets
Aug 25, 2020 – The Southeast Asian streaming industry has seen considerable changes this last year as Chinese streaming services have been taking over a large part of viewers and investing in local content, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Cambodia, Digital TV, Indonesia, Malaysia, Market Research, Myanmar, OTT, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
May 22, 2020 – iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) has forged a partnership with MediaTek to support AV1 video coding technology on Android devices through MediaTek Dimensity 1000 5G SoC series, becoming the first company in China to deliver the AV1 stream.
News categories: iQIYI, MediaTek, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor
Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
Mar 30, 2020 – Despite the negative impact from the coronavirus and the Chinese economic downturn, Asia Pacific will have 417 million SVOD subscriptions by 2025, up from 269 million in 2019, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
Mar 25, 2020 – iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) is rolling-out Testing Stations to provide data on the experience of its service on different devices and networks. The first started in Singapore at the end of 2019. Similar stations are planned for Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines and Indonesia.
News categories: iQIYI, Ye Tao, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT, Philippines, QoE, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
OTT video revenue to grow to over $200 billion by 2024
Jan 28, 2020 – The Over-the-Top (OTT) video market will surpass US$200 billion by 2024, with 90% of that value fueled by subscription and advertising revenue, according to ABI Research. Subscriptions in the Asia-Pacific region have grown significantly.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
Jan 15, 2020 – App Annie has released its State of Mobile 2020 report. The annual appraisal provides insight into mobile's expansive impact across industries and the global economy, highlighting publishers and brands that are outperforming their peers.
News categories: App Annie, Theodore Krantz, Kathleen Gambarelli, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
Nov 18, 2019 – iQIYI has announced that its self-developed watermarking system has passed the security evaluation test of the ChinaDRM Lab, making iQIYI the first online video platform in China to receive such an accreditation.
News categories: iQIYI, ChinaDRM, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking
IQIYI reaches content distribution agreement with Astro Malaysia
Jun 17, 2019 – iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) has announced that it has reached a content distribution agreement with Astro Malaysia. iQIYI will launch an iQIYI content channel under the partnership, bringing exciting and high-quality content to Malaysia through Astro's platform.
News categories: IQIYI, Astro, Yang Xianghua, Henry Tan, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Satellite
China's online video subscribers to surpass 300 million in 2019
Feb 11, 2019 – According to Entgroup, the number of paid subscribers to China's online video platforms will surpass 300 million during 2019. The figure for the end of 2018 was 230 million, a number that has grown at a compound growth rate of 119% over the past three years.
News categories: Entgroup, Liu Cuiping, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0