Digital TV News: SNY
DIRECTV to launch first 4K HDR live broadcasts in U.S.
Dec 14, 2017 – AT&T DIRECTV has become the first U.S. pay-TV provider to broadcast LIVE in 4K HDR with a full slate of sports, music and events. The Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Vegas Golden Knights will be the first event.
News categories: DIRECTV, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
SNY chooses Mediaproxy for broadcast compliance and monitoring
Oct 13, 2017 – Mediaproxy has announced that New York sports broadcaster SNY has chosen its LogServer software solution for compliance logging and monitoring. SNY is New York’s sports broadcaster and television home of the New York Mets, Jets and UConn Men’s and Women’s basketball programs.
News categories: Mediaproxy, SNY, Harry Glass, Alex Blanding, QoE, USA
Steady growth for all services of Videotron in Q2 2007
Aug 9, 2007 – For the second quarter of 2007, the Company reports steady customer growth for its four products. Vidéotron posted a net increase of 26,000 subscribers to its illico Digital TV service, bringing the total to 679,000.
News categories: Vidéotron, Quebecor Media, Broadband, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Subscribers
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues