Digital TV News: SNY
DIRECTV to launch first 4K HDR live broadcasts in U.S.
Dec 14, 2017 – AT&T DIRECTV has become the first U.S. pay-TV provider to broadcast LIVE in 4K HDR with a full slate of sports, music and events. The Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Vegas Golden Knights will be the first event.
News categories: DIRECTV, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
SNY chooses Mediaproxy for broadcast compliance and monitoring
Oct 13, 2017 – Mediaproxy has announced that New York sports broadcaster SNY has chosen its LogServer software solution for compliance logging and monitoring. SNY is New York’s sports broadcaster and television home of the New York Mets, Jets and UConn Men’s and Women’s basketball programs.
News categories: Mediaproxy, SNY, Harry Glass, Alex Blanding, QoE, USA
Steady growth for all services of Videotron in Q2 2007
Aug 9, 2007 – For the second quarter of 2007, the Company reports steady customer growth for its four products. Vidéotron posted a net increase of 26,000 subscribers to its illico Digital TV service, bringing the total to 679,000.
News categories: Vidéotron, Quebecor Media, Broadband, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Subscribers
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers