Digital TV News: Spacecom
PanAccess’ Nigerian bouquet now on Amos-17
Feb 3, 2020 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that it is providing Ku-band capacity from its AMOS-17 communication satellite to PanAccess for broadcasting to Nigeria. PanAccess’ bouquet, originating in Germany, is broadcast from 17°E.
News categories: Spacecom, PanAccess, Eyal Altshuler, Roland Schlichting, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
Sep 14, 2019 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that ViewMedia will launch a digital broadcast platform on AMOS-17 located at 17°E. The platform will provide DVB-S2 broadcast services to West Africa for a primarily Francophone audience.
News categories: Spacecom, ViewMedia, Ido Ginsburg, Safia Rana, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC2020, Satellite
AMOS-17 successfully launched
Aug 7, 2019 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has confirmed the successful launch of its AMOS-17 satellite en route to its 17°E orbital position. AMOS-17 has C-Band HTS, Ka-band and Ku-band capabilities. During the next weeks, the satellite will begin its testing processes in orbit.
News categories: Spacecom, David Pollack, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
AMOS-7 communication satellite begins operation
Feb 27, 2017 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that the AMOS-7 communications satellite is now providing a wide range of television and data communication services from its 4°W ‘hot-spot’ orbital position.
News categories: Spacecom, Jacob Keret, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
Nepal's DishHome adds capacity on AMOS-4
Mar 2, 2016 – Spacecom has announced that Nepal's Dish Media Network has entered into another long-term contract adding more capacity to its current capacity on AMOS-4.
News categories: Spacecom, Dish Media Network, David Pollack, Sudeep Acharya, Content Distribution, Nepal, Satellite
Nigeria's ConSat TV DTH chooses AMOS-5 at 17°E
Feb 10, 2015 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that the AMOS-5 satellite at the 17°E prime orbital position has been chosen to transmit ConSat TV (Continental Satellite), a DTH provider in Nigeria.
News categories: Spacecom, ConSat TV, Eitan Mesika, Mayo Okunola, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
Nigeria's ACTV DTH chooses AMOS-5 satellite
Jan 26, 2015 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that the AMOS-5 satellite has won a multi-year contract to transmit ACTV (African Cable TV), Nigeria's newest Pay TV platform, from its 17°E orbital position.
News categories: Spacecom, African Cable Television, Eitan Mesika, Godfrey Okreh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
Eutelsat and Spacecom create unified DTH neighbourhood for Africa at 16-17°E
Nov 19, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) and Spacecom (TASE:SCC) have announced an agreement to establish a framework for cross-commercialisation of capacity covering Africa on Eutelsat’s EUTELSAT 16A satellite at 16°E and Spacecom’s AMOS-5 satellite at 17°E.
News categories: Eutelsat, Spacecom, Rodney Benn, Amir Carmeli, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Spacecom to Provide Satellite Capacity for New Ukrainian DTH service Xtra TV
Aug 2, 2011 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that it has been contracted by a new Ukrainian direct-to-home television broadcaster to beam programming from Spacecom's Amos-3 satellite at 4° west in a multiyear agreement valued at up to $19 million.
News categories: Spacecom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Ukraine
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020