Digital TV News: Telsur
Amino upgrades legacy STBs at GTD in Chile
Jul 3, 2017 – Amino has announced that GTD, one of Chile’s leading telecommunications companies, is the latest TV operator to deploy Amino ENABLE, its virtual STB software platform, enabling GTD to upgrade its STBs to extend their lifespan.
News categories: Amino, GTD, Donald McGarva, Cristian Tobar, Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Telsur selects ATEME encoder for iOS streaming
Jul 29, 2014 – ATEME has announced that Telefonica del Sur (Telsur) has selected ATEME's TITAN Live to deliver a new streaming service for iOS devices and enhance video quality for its existing IPTV subscribers.
News categories: ATEME, Telsur, Cristian Raul Carcamo Gomez, Raoul Rivera, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere
Verimatrix Selected to Secure Telefonica del Sur's Digital IPTV Service
Apr 16, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that Telsur of Chile has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS™) 3 solution to secure its IPTV service. Telsur selected VCAS™ for IPTV as a replacement for its existing conditional access system (CAS).
News categories: Telefónica del Sur, Verimatrix, Chile, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box
IPTV operator Telefónica del Sur grows with Latens
Nov 4, 2009 – Latens has announced that Telefónica del Sur (Telsur) has over 25,000 IPTV subscribers. Latens software only Conditional Access (CAS) is integrated with Telsur's IPTV partners including Minerva for middleware and set top boxes from Amino.
News categories: Latens, Telsur, Chile, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Subscribers
Amino Powers First Wireless IPTV Connected Homes in Latin America
Oct 24, 2007 – Amino has announced that Telefonica del Sur (Telsur) in Chile has selected the AmiNET110 IPTV Set-Top Box (STB) to deliver pure IPTV services to thousands of its customers in the region.
News categories: Amino, Telefonica del Sur (Telsur), Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
First IPTV Service in Latin America Goes Wireless in the Home
Oct 8, 2007 – Ruckus Wireless has announced that it has been selected by Telefonica del Sur (TelSur), a leading provider of Internet-based multimedia and communication services in Chile, to supply its MediaFlex™ to support Latin America's first commercial IPTV service.
News categories: Ruckus Wireless, Telefonica del Sur, BBWF, Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart Home
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding