Digital TV News: Xilinx
V-Nova and NGCodec offer FPGA-based real-time UHD encoding
Apr 4, 2019 – V-Nova and NGCodec have announced a combined FPGA-based encoding solution, which delivers industry-leading UHD video quality and encoding efficiency resulting in up to 50x cost savings when compared to traditional CPU software options.
News categories: V-Nova, NGCodec, Guido Meardi, Oliver Gunasekara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
V-Nova and Xilinx launch PERSEUS transcoder and accelerator
Mar 21, 2019 – V-Nova and Xilinx (NASDAQ: XLNX) have announced the availability of PERSEUS XSA, a plug-and-play encoding accelerator for existing live or VOD encoding pipelines and PERSEUS XDE, a native encoding solution running entirely on FPGA.
News categories: V-Nova, Xilinx, Guido Meardi, Sean Gardner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
CAST introduces Ultra HD-capable video compression cores
Jul 21, 2016 – CAST has introduced the newest generation in its series of IP cores for video and image compression. The AVC/H.264 Encoder Cores are optimized for low-bitrate and low-latency video streaming.
News categories: CAST, Inc, Nikos Zervas, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
PathPartner announces HEVC codec for x86 platforms
Jul 28, 2015 – PathPartner Technology has announced the availability of HEVC encoder and decoder solutions for Intel server class and client (i5, i7) platforms. The decoder supports error resiliency and concealment techniques.
News categories: PathPartner, Content Distribution, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
PathPartner Technology announces hybrid hardware-software HEVC decoder IP
Sep 23, 2014 – PathPartner Technology has announced the availability of the industry's first hybrid HEVC (H.265) decoder partitioned optimally between ARM Cortex-A9 software and FPGA hardware.
News categories: PathPartner, Xilinx, Vinay Mangalore, Aaron Behman, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Global System-On-a-Chip Market to Reach US$48.8 Billion by 2017
Apr 12, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the System-On-a-Chip (SoC) market. The market for SoCs is projected to reach US$48.8 billion by 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Semiconductor
Samsung Closes in on Intel for Semiconductor Market Leadership in 2010
Apr 19, 2011 – Continuing its steady rise in the semiconductor industry, Samsung in 2010 came closer to challenging Intel's chip market leadership than any company had in more than a decade, new IHS iSuppli market research has revealed.
News categories: iSuppli, Market Research, Semiconductor
Genesis Microchip Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2008 Financial Results
Nov 1, 2007 – Genesis Microchip (Nasdaq:GNSS) has announced its financial results for the second quarter of its fiscal year 2008, which ended September 30, 2007.
News categories: Genesis Microchip, Earnings Release, ATSC, Digital TV, Results, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos