Digital TV News: Apple
Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
Apr 8, 2020 – Bell Media has announced that Crave is available on all Roku streaming devices in Canada. Roku users now have access to programming from HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Hollywood-hit movies, as well as French-language TV and films from SUPER ÉCRAN.
News categories: Bell Media, Roku, Tracey Pearce, Arthur van Rest, Apps, Canada, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
Apr 7, 2020 – 24i has announced that Topic, an entertainment streaming service from First Look Media, has chosen 24i to power its streaming video experience across topic.com, Apple TV and iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV and Roku.
News categories: 24i, Topic, First Look Media, Martijn van Horssen, Ryan Chanatry, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
Apr 6, 2020 – Even before the enforced lockdown in New Zealand, data from Roy Morgan shows Netflix, Lightbox and Amazon Prime Video experienced double digit growth in viewership and new entrant Apple TV captured a large audience over the past twelve months.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, OTT, Subscribers
BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
Apr 3, 2020 – BritBox has announced that Britbox is now available on LG Smart TVs manufactured from 2014. BritBox will be adding support for other Freeview Play Smart TVs and YouView devices in the next few months.
News categories: BritBox, LG Electronics, Reemah Sakaan, Carolyn Anderson, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
Mar 30, 2020 – Despite the negative impact from the coronavirus and the Chinese economic downturn, Asia Pacific will have 417 million SVOD subscriptions by 2025, up from 269 million in 2019, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
Mar 27, 2020 – LG Electronics USA and Movies Anywhere have announced the arrival of the Movies Anywhere app on LG Smart TVs. Movies Anywhere lets users enjoy their purchased or redeemed digital movies combined in one simplified, personal collection.
News categories: LG Electronics, Movies Anywhere, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Disney+ rolls out in Europe
Mar 24, 2020 – Disney+ has launched in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, and Switzerland. The service will launch in France on April 7th. Audiences can stream Disney+ on nearly all major mobile and connected TV devices.
News categories: Disney+, Kevin Mayer, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Games Console, Germany, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Spain, Switzerland, Tablet, UK
Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
Mar 24, 2020 – Integral Ad Science (IAS) has released results of a survey on streaming trends among American consumers. The report shows that alongside the growth of streaming, consumers may be starting to feel subscription fatigue.
News categories: Integral Ad Science, Tony Marlow, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software
Mar 18, 2020 – TV3 Group (former known as All Media Baltics) has launched its Go3 OTT service in the Baltic region. The Go3 platform is based on technology developed by Atende Software. Atende Software’s also developed the user interface.
News categories: Atende Software, TV3 Group, Przemysław Frasunek, Baltics, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UX
- 2020 semiconductor market to decline 0.9% due to coronavirus
- Over 11,000 TV channels were available in Europe in 2019
- Disney+ already at 50 million subscribers
- Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
- Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
- Neustar and iSpot.tv unify TV and digital attribution
- Comscore and JW Player partner on contextual targeting for video advertising
- Taiwan Broadband Communications adds HBO GO
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv