Digital TV News: Armstrong
Armstrong to transition to IPTV with TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
Apr 29, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Armstrong has chosen TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform to bring entertainment to its subscribers. Armstrong provides communications services in Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Maryland.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Armstrong, Jeffrey Glahn, Jeff Ross, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Espial and Harmonic partner to provide complete end-to-end TVaaS
Jul 31, 2018 – Espial has announced a partnership with Harmonic. As part of the deal, Espial’s Elevate SaaS video platform will integrate Harmonic’s VOS 360 media processing SaaS, providing MVPDs with an end-to-end solution for IP and OTT services.
News categories: Espial, Harmonic, Jaison Dolvane, Eric Armstrong, Rich Fickle, Gary Shorman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Twitter announces over 30 premium video content deals
Apr 30, 2018 – Twitter has returned to the Digital Content NewFronts with an expanded slate of live and original video programming. Over 30 new collaborations and renewals were announced across entertainment, news, sports, gaming and beyond.
News categories: Twitter, Matthew Derella, Kay Madati, Digital TV, OTT, Social TV, USA
Armstrong offers Netflix 4K UHD to its EXP customers
Dec 18, 2017 – Armstrong has announced the availability of Netflix 4K UHD programming on EXP. Integrated through the EXP platform, Armstrong customers can seamlessly browse and access Netflix’s entire 4K UHD library.
News categories: Armstrong, Arris, Jeffrey A. Ross, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
SES and Armstrong initiate Ultra HD trial
Jul 20, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it has initiated the first-ever live and linear Ultra HD (UHD) trial with cable MSO Armstrong. The trial combines satellite broadcasting with the multicast capabilities of DOCSIS 3.0.
News categories: SES S.A, Armstrong, Steve Corda, Mike Giobbi, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Satellite, USA
Rovi Guide in more than half a million DTAs
Sep 23, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ:ROVI) has announced the deployment of its guides on over half a million digital terminal adapters. Rovi is now providing its programme guide to cable households throughout the U.S. and Latin America.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Armstrong, Omar Javaid, Dave Whittmann, Argentina, Cable TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, USA
Armstrong Utilities selects TiVo television solution
Sep 9, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Armstrong Utilities have announced that Armstrong has selected TiVo for delivery of a multi-screen, seamlessly-combined linear, recorded, over the top, and video on demand TV experience.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Armstrong, Jeff Ross, Thomas Elam, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
UK's Hyperoptic secures £50 million investment
May 23, 2013 – Hyperoptic has announced that it has received an investment commitment of £50 million led by Quantum Strategic Partners. The funding will enable Hyperoptic to reach more than 500,000 UK homes with its 1Gbps fibre broadband, as well as to develop new products such as IPTV.
News categories: Hyperoptic, Fibre, IPTV, UK, Venture Capital
Salsgiver trials Amino Freedom Jump OTT device
Apr 26, 2012 – Amino (AIM: AMO) has announced that US-based fibre optic network provider Salsgiver is to trial its Freedom Jump OTT device as part of a premium service offered to customers under the gotlit.com brand.
News categories: Amino, Salsgiver, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV