Digital TV News: BuyDRM
Mware CloudTV utilizing BuyDRM's MultiKey DRM-as-a-Service
Aug 31, 2017 – Mware’s turn-key end-to-end OTT IPTV Middleware solution CloudTV is now utilizing BuyDRM’s MultiKey Service to provide DaaS (DRM as a Service). CloudTV provides streamlined integration between the various components including the CDN, transcoding, middleware and UI.
News categories: BuyDRM, Mware, Christopher Levy, Sanders Kerstens, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, Worldwide
BuyDRM announces Encryption in The Cloud as a Service
Aug 23, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced the release of its KeyOS CloudPack Encryption as a Service (EaaS) platform. The CloudPack service enables content owners, licensees, and distributors to use BuyDRM’s KeyOS Multi-DRM platform in their cloud of choice including Amazon Web Services, Google Media Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
News categories: BuyDRM, Christopher Levy, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
Fandor selects BuyDRM to protect its streaming service
Aug 2, 2017 – Fandor has selected BuyDRM to provide DaaS (DRM as a Service) for Fandor’s streaming service, securing their VOD content using BuyDRM’s KeyOS MultiKey Service. Fandor operates as a subscription service that features over 5,000 independent films from around the world.
News categories: BuyDRM, Fandor, Christopher Levy, Michael Tuszynski, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, USA
ABC selects BuyDRM multi-DRM for iview on-demand and catch up TV
May 16, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is now using their KeyOS MultiKey Service for their VOD and catchup service iview. Using KeyOS, iview will be able to deliver DASH, HLS and MSS encoded content using industry-leading DRMs.
News categories: BuyDRM, Australian Broadcasting Corp, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
EBU Initiates First Large Scale MPEG-DASH Trial For London Olympics
Jul 31, 2012 – The commercial deployment of the MPEG-DASH standard is one step closer with the first live public trial. The DASH Promoters Group is facilitating live MPEG-DASH streaming of the 2012 London Olympics to demonstrate the benefits of the standard.
News categories: Belgium, Digital TV, OTT
Microsoft Announces Media Services Platform and Architectural Guidance for the Cloud
Apr 16, 2012 – At NAB 2012, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) announced new media services and guidance to enable content providers and customers to realize the power of cloud computing.
News categories: Microsoft, Azure Media Services, Content Distribution, NABShow, OTT
Industry Players Unite to Promote MPEG-DASH Adaptive Streaming
Feb 22, 2012 – A group of technology leaders has announced the creation of the DASH Promoters Group, a new organization dedicated to driving the broad adoption of MPEG's DASH (dynamic adaptive streaming over HTTP) standard, which was ratified in November 2011.
News categories: DASH Promoters Group, OTT
Microsoft Smooth Streaming Provides True High-Definition Video Delivery
Apr 20, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has released Smooth Streaming, a feature of Internet Information Services (IIS) Media Services. IIS Media Services is an HTTP-based media delivery platform that includes extensions for measuring, monetizing and caching media.
News categories: IIS, Content Distribution, Media Player, NABShow, OTT
Microsoft Delivers Silverlight 1.0, Extends Support to Linux
Sep 4, 2007 – Microsoft has released to the Web (RTW) Silverlight™ 1.0, a cross-browser, cross-platform plug-in for delivering richer user experiences on the Web.
News categories: Microsoft, Novell, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues