Digital TV News: Cable Congress
Telenet Selects Cisco Videoscape Snowflake to Provide Multiscreen Yelo TV User Experience
Mar 5, 2013 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Telenet, a cable TV operator in Belgium, has selected the Cisco Videoscape™ Snowflake user interface to provide advanced navigation of content and services across its platform.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware
GET to Deliver a New Connected Entertainment Experience for Subscribers with Cisco Videoscape Unity
Mar 5, 2013 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that GET, a cable operator in Norway, has selected the Cisco Videoscape™ Unity video services delivery platform for the next generation of its service, including personalized and synchronized TV across multiple devices.
News categories: Cisco Systems, GET, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Norway, TV Everywhere
Digital cable TV homes in Europe up 13% in 2011
Mar 7, 2012 – According to figures released by Cable Europe, Europe's ongoing switch away from analogue services helped the total number of digital cable TV homes served by cable operators to increase by 13% in 2011.
News categories: Cable Europe, Cable TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
Alticast Releases Next-Generation DTV Ecosystem
Mar 5, 2012 – Alticast has announced the launch of Windmill™, an end-to-end digital interactive ecosystem for TV operators with support for cable, satellite, DTT, IPTV and hybrid systems.
News categories: Alticast, Cable Congress, Middleware
ARRIS to Display DVB-C2 Broadcast at Cable Congress 2012
Feb 15, 2012 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) has announced its participation at this year's Cable Congress. ARRIS will present a live demonstration of how the ARRIS D5® Universal Edge QAM can support DVB-C2 broadcast and VOD in conjunction with Kabel Deutschland and Sony.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DVB-C2
Strong Cable Digital TV & Broadband Growth In Europe
Feb 15, 2011 – Latest figures released by Cable Europe show that the European cable industry's ongoing investments in next generation internet access and digital television keeps paying off.
News categories: Cable Europe, Broadband, Cable TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
Latest Figures Show Digital Cable Growth in Europe
Mar 3, 2010 – New industry figures announced at Cable Congress 2010 in Brussels reveal a 21% growth in European digital cable television subscribers to 21.5 million, representing 35% of all cable TV customers.
News categories: Cable Europe, Cable Congress, Manuel Kohnstamm, Caroline Van Weede, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
EchoStar Europe Enables Media Ubiquity at Cable Congress 2010
Mar 3, 2010 – EchoStar Europe (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced that its SlingLoaded™ place-shifting and home networking platform will feature alongside a range of advanced set-top boxes and digital video recorders for cable operators at Cable Congress 2010.
News categories: EchoStar Europe, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box
EchoStar Europe Ready for Cable
Mar 18, 2009 – EchoStar Europe (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced its entry into the European cable market with a complete portfolio of products for cable operators at Cable Congress 2009, Berlin.
News categories: EchoStar Europe, Cable TV, DOCSIS, DVR, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019