Digital TV News: Cabot
Miniweb to Demonstrate Broadcast and Broadband Interactive Services Platform at IBC
Sep 3, 2008 – Miniweb will demonstrate its platform at IBC 2008. Miniweb allows broadcasters, network operators, content owners and advertisers to easily and cost effectively deliver new services that monetise viewer see, search and spend actions.
News categories: Miniweb, Content Distribution, IBCShowcase, OTT, Set Top Box
Cabot Communications announce single chip IDTV software
Apr 23, 2008 – Cabot Communications has announced that it has developed a single software stack IDTV solution that seamlessly supports both analogue and digital TV broadcasts.
News categories: Cabot Communications, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Cabot Communications becomes first DVB middleware provider to achieve Freeview Playback Group 1 and 2 compliance
Sep 9, 2007 – Cabot Communications has announced that Aurora XT, Cabot's DVB middleware suite, has achieved Freeview Playback Group 1 & 2 compliance. Cabot is the first software vendor to achieve this accreditation and the middleware is already validated on multiple platforms and chip sets.
News categories: Cabot Communications, DVR, IBCShowcase, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Cabot Communications and NXP Semiconductors announce joint collaboration on 'Connected Home' interoperability technology
Sep 9, 2007 – Cabot Communications has announced that it is working in partnership with NXP Semiconductors in a technical collaboration exploring the integration of advanced 'Connected Home' interoperability software into Aurora, Cabot's DVB middleware suite.
News categories: Cabot Communications, NXP, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5