Digital TV News: Cavium Networks
Cavium Networks to Demonstrate Set-Top Box, Wireless Display and Networked Digital Home Applications at Computex 2011
May 31, 2011 – Cavium Networks (NASDAQ: CAVM) will demonstrate a range of multimedia home technologies based upon Cavium's PureVu™, ECONA™, Celestial™ and OCTEON® processor families at Computex 2011 on May 31 - June 4 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Suite 2412.
News categories: Cavium Networks, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Cavium Networks Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire China-Based Celestial Semiconductor
Jan 31, 2011 – Cavium Networks (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced that it is has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Celestial Semiconductor, a fabless provider of ARM-based system-on-a-chip (SoC) processor solutions for a range of digital media applications.
News categories: Cavium Networks, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Cavium and LG Collaborate on Next Generation Wireless TVs
Jan 5, 2011 – Cavium Networks (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced a collaboration with LG Electronics (KSE: 066570) to develop next generation wireless TV products.
News categories: Cavium Networks, LG Electronics, CES2021, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Alco Electronics Adopts Cavium Networks' PureVu™ Video Processors for its RCA Home Theatre Systems
Jan 4, 2011 – Cavium Networks (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced that Alco Electronics has adopted Cavium's WiVu™ wireless display technology. Alco demonstrated products integrating WiVu technology in their private meeting room at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show.
News categories: Cavium Networks, Alco Electronics, CES2021, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Cavium Networks to Showcase Complete Connected Home Solutions for Whole Home Wireless Video Distribution at 2011 International CES
Jan 3, 2011 – Cavium Networks (NASDAQ:CAVM) will be demonstrating complete connected home solutions for whole home wireless video distribution entirely based on the PureVu and ECONA product lines at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
News categories: Cavium Networks, CES2021, Gateway, Semiconductor, Smart Home
H.264 Decoder IC Market to Grow 20% Annually Through 2013
Nov 11, 2010 – H.264 decoders are beginning to appear in many solutions and the compression scheme is becoming more popular. As a result In-Stat expects H.264 decoder ICs to grow at an annual rate in excess of 20% through 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Cavium Introduces PureVu-3D, the World's First Standards Based, Low Latency 3D Wireless Display Solution
Oct 5, 2010 – Cavium Networks (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced sampling of a new family of PureVu-3D 1080p H.264 video processors. The PureVu-3D CNW53XX SoCs bring 3D wireless display functionality over standard Wi-Fi to a variety of consumer electronic devices.
News categories: Cavium Networks, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, VR
MPEG Video SoC Market Riding Along with the Consumer Electronics Market
Aug 31, 2010 – Growth in shipments of various video products in the consumer electronics market, even in a year with economic uncertainty like 2009, helped the MPEG video SoC market reach over 650 million units in 2009, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Cavium Networks Announces PureVu™ Video Processor Family Enabling Whole-Home Wireless Display
May 31, 2010 – Cavium Networks (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced the availability of its CNW56XX video processor family. Cavium's PureVu line of processors with H.264 compression technology enables wireless display over 802.11 WiFi at high volume consumer price points.
News categories: Cavium Networks, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024