Digital TV News: Freescale
MTC and Cidana to Bring Video Decoding SDK for LimePC™ Multimedia
Nov 12, 2008 – MTC, Cidana and Freescale have announced an SDK for optimized video decoding on Freescale's MPC5121e processor. MTC will use the development in its LimePC product for multimedia playback and CMMB broadcast receiving applications.
News categories: Cidana, MTC, Freescale, China, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Portable, Semiconductor
Consumer electronics consortium to forge future of remote control technology
Jun 12, 2008 – Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI), Samsung, Sony and Panasonic (NYSE:MC) have announced they have joined forces to develop a standardized specification (RF4CE) for radio frequency-based remote controls for audio visual consumer electronics devices.
News categories: Philips, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Digital TV, DVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Freescale unveils next-generation i.MX processor for portable multimedia devices
May 27, 2008 – Freescale Semiconductor has introduced the i.MX37 multimedia applications processor - a highly advanced device for portable media player (PMP), mobile Internet and portable GPS navigation (PND) markets.
News categories: Freescale, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Tablet
Freescale Demonstrating End-to-End LTE Cellular Technologies
Feb 7, 2008 – Freescale Semiconductor will be demonstrating working LTE technology in both its handset and network platforms. This technology will be on display at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, February 11-14, 2008.
News categories: Freescale, 5G, Broadband, Content Distribution, Mobile, MWC20, Semiconductor
STMicroelectronics Reports 2007 Third Quarter and Nine Month Revenues and Earnings
Oct 23, 2007 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) reported financial results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 29, 2007. Net revenues for the third quarter increased 6.1% sequentially to $2,565 million from the $2,418 million reported in the prior quarter.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Full Release, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Results, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Mobile Broadband Enabled Consumer Electronics Devices Will Expand in 2008
Oct 5, 2007 – There is a new class of devices emerging on the horizon: a convergence of everyday consumer electronics and mobile broadband.
News categories: ABI Research, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
IEC's Sold-Out Broadband World Forum Europe Exhibition Spotlights Cutting-Edge Innovations Next Month in Berlin
Sep 20, 2007 – With an exhibition floor that was sold out since the beginning of the year, the International Engineering Consortium again expects to host a rich marketplace of broadband opportunities with the Broadband World Forum Europe this 8-11 October at the Estrel Convention Center.
News categories: Broadband World Forum, BBWF, IPTV
Yin He Electronics selects Freescale silicon tuner for set-top box design
Jul 9, 2007 – Jiangsu Yin He Electronics, one of China’s leading digital television set-top box manufacturers, has selected Freescale’s MC44S803 silicon tuner for a digital television set-top box model. More …
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Freescale Licenses Hantro Multi-Format hardware Video Codecs
Jul 3, 2007 – Freescale Semiconductor and Hantro have signed an agreement to license Hantro’s Multi-format hardware video codecs. More …
News categories: Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic