Digital TV News: James Xie
Ericsson MediaFirst available on Amlogic STB chipset
Mar 22, 2018 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) Media Solutions and Amlogic have announced a collaboration to make Ericsson's MediaFirst middleware available on Amlogic's chipsets. The integration enables consumers to access content via MediaFirst set-top-boxes.
News categories: Ericsson, Amlogic, Marc Stauffacher, James Xie, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
RealNetworks and Amlogic expand media codec partnership
Jan 9, 2018 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced an agreement to license its RealMedia HD codec for porting and optimization to Amlogic. RealMedia HD is a video codec that delivers HD video quality at a fraction of the bandwidth required by other codecs.
News categories: RealNetworks, Amlogic, Morris Zhang, James Xie, CES2020, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Worldwide
iWedia and Amlogic combine for Android TV
May 23, 2017 – iWedia has announced that it has joined forces with Amlogic to deliver a combined software and hardware solution for Android TV. The solution consists of iWedia's Teatro-3.5 software ported to Amlogic's S905D set-top box SoC.
News categories: iWedia, Amlogic, Nikola Teslić, James Xie, Android TV, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
iWedia Android TV STB software available on Amlogic UHD STB ICs
Mar 28, 2017 – iWedia has announced that it has extended the coverage of its Teatro-3.5 product for Android TV STB to the Amlogic S905D STB SoC. The announcement was made to coincide with the opening of TV Connect 2017.
News categories: iWedia, Amlogic, Nikola Teslić, James Xie, Android TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Irdeto and Amlogic partner to secure content for operators in China
Mar 23, 2017 – Irdeto has announced the integration of Irdeto Rights for China DRM with Amlogic’s S905X, S905D, and S912 system on chips (SoCs). These SoCs are equipped with advanced security features that enable integration via the trusted execution environment (TEE).
News categories: Irdeto, Amlogic, Marco Xie, James Xie, CCBN, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers