Digital TV News: Joe Chen
MediaTek releases Ultra HD TV SoC with Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log Gamma
Jun 12, 2017 – MediaTek has announced the availability of its MediaTek MT5597 System-on-Chip (SoC), an Ultra HD TV SoC supporting Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG). MT5597 transforms TV viewing experiences with breakthrough brightness, contrast and color.
News categories: MediaTek, Dolby, Joe Chen, John Couling, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
MediaTek launches SoC for Ultra-HD 4K Blu-ray players
Jan 4, 2016 – MediaTek has announced its MT8581, a multimedia system-on-chip for Ultra High Definition (4K) Blu-ray players. The MT8581 will power the industry's first Blu-ray players to use both Ultra-HD (UHD) and high-dynamic range imaging (HDR).
News categories: MediaTek, Joe Chen, Blu-ray, CES, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MediaTek chipsets power new Amazon devices
Sep 18, 2015 – MediaTek has announced that it will power an array of Amazon consumer products, including the Amazon Fire TV, and Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 10 tablets. These are the latest in a series of Amazon devices powered by MediaTek.
News categories: MediaTek, Amazon, Joe Che, Peter Larsen, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Tablet, USA
MediaTek announces ARM Cortex-A72-based tablet SoC
Mar 1, 2015 – MediaTek has announced the first tablet SoC in a family that features an ARM® Cortex®-A72 processor. The MT8173 meets the growing demand for 4K Ultra HD content and graphic-heavy gaming by everyday mobile computing device users.
News categories: MediaTek, ARM, Joe Chen, Noel Hurley, ICs, MWC19, Semiconductor, Tablet, Worldwide
MediaTek collaborates with Google on Ultra HD Android TV
Jan 6, 2015 – MediaTek has announced a collaboration with Google on the world's first Ultra HD TV platform solution for Android TV - made possible through Google's Android TV software integration on MediaTek's MT5595 System-on-Chip hardware.
News categories: MediaTek, Android TV, Apps, CES, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
MediaTek teams with Amazon on Fire HD tablets
Oct 9, 2014 – MediaTek has announced that it is working with Amazon to help power the new line of Fire tablets — the Fire HD 6, Fire HD 7 and Fire HD Kids Edition. The tablets feature MediaTek’s MT8135 System on Chip (SoC) and MT6628 connectivity solution.
News categories: MediaTek, Amazon, Joe Chen, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Tablet
MediaTek announces SoC with HEVC playback support for tablets
May 31, 2014 – MediaTek has announced the MT8127, a quad-core tablet System on Chip (SoC) that offers full hardware support for the new HEVC (H.265) video playback standard. The SoC will power ALCATEL ONETOUCH's PIXI 8 tablet.
News categories: MediaTek, Alcatel, Joe Chen, Vittorio Di Mauro, Semiconductor, Tablet, Worldwide
MediaTek announces fifth generation Smart TV platform
Jan 8, 2014 – MediaTek has announced its fifth generation of Smart TV platforms. MediaTek's 8-series chipset family consists of fully integrated SoCs (systems on chip) specially designed for the next-generation UHD smart TVs.
News categories: MediaTek, Joe Chen, CES, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
MediaTek Releases World's First 120Hz SoC for High-end Smart TV
Jan 5, 2012 – MediaTek (Taipei: 2454) has announced the release of the world's first 120Hz Smart TV single chip. In addition to providing an unparalleled 3D viewing experience, the chip is also an industry leader in support for Wi-Fi display technology.
News categories: MediaTek, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA