Digital TV News: MPAA
Global theatrical and home entertainment market at $96.8bn in 2018
Mar 21, 2019 – The global entertainment market reached $96.8 billion in 2018 – a 9% increase over 2017 – according to data released by the MPAA. Global home entertainment increased by 16% over 2017 levels to reach $55.7 billion.
News categories: MPAA, Charles Rivkin, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, USA, Worldwide
Global home entertainment consumer spending up 11% in 2017
Apr 4, 2018 – The global entertainment market is expanding on multiple fronts, according to data released by the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA). Consumer spending for the combined theatrical and home entertainment markets has reached $88.4 billion worldwide.
News categories: MPAA, National Association of Theatre Owners, Charles Rivkin, John Fithian, Digital TV, Market Research, USA, Worldwide
Nicolas Stefanelli appointed as Chairman at CI Plus
Feb 6, 2018 – NEOTION has announced that Nicolas STEFANELLI, Strategic Partnerships at NEOTION, has been nominated as Chairman of the CI Plus LLP board for 2018. He’s the tenth chairman and succeeds Peter LANIGAN from TP Vision.
News categories: NEOTION, CI Plus LLP, Nicolas STEFANELLI, Peter LANIGAN, CAM, Digital TV, Worldwide
Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment formed to reduce online piracy
Jun 13, 2017 – Thirty content creators and on-demand entertainment companies from around the world have launched the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE), a global coalition dedicated to protecting the legal market for creative content and reducing online piracy.
News categories: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Cinedigm extends device support to Chromecast, Android TV and Amazon Fire
Mar 31, 2017 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced plans to extend the availability of its OTT services by supporting Google’s Chromecast and Android TV Platforms, as well as Amazon Fire TV for the first time.
News categories: Cinedigm, Erick Opeka, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Target introduces Target Ticket digital video service
Sep 25, 2013 – Target (NYSE: TGT) has announced that Target Ticket, its new digital video service, is available to customers nationwide. The service gives users an easy way to access and enjoy their favorite titles on their preferred digital channels and devices anytime, anywhere.
News categories: Target Ticket, Anne Stanchfield, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Irdeto Acquires Rovi Corporation's BD+ Technology for Blu-ray
Jul 7, 2011 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced the acquisition of BD+ technology for Blu-ray from Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI). The newly acquired BD+ technology will fold into the company's Irdeto ActiveCloak™ for Media offering.
News categories: Irdeto, Rovi Corp, Blu-ray, Content Protection, Middleware
FCC Grants Approval For Sending Recent Movies Directly To Consumers Over Secure TV Lines
May 7, 2010 – The FCC has approved a request by the MPAA to permit recent movies to be sent directly to American households over secure high definition transmission lines from their cable or satellite providers prior to their release on DVD or Blu-ray.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, Motion Picture Association of America, Cable TV, Content Protection, IPTV, Regulation, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Informa Announces Digital TV World Summit 2009
Aug 14, 2009 – This November 2009 Informa Telecoms and Media continues its strong tradition of delivering high-quality speakers, topical debate and unrivalled networking opportunities at the Digital TV World Summit, 17th-18th November, London.
News categories: Digital TV World Summit, Informa Telecoms & Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Show, Terrestrial
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising