Digital TV News: Matt Strauss
Comcast launches streaming platform for Xfinity Internet customers
Mar 21, 2019 – Comcast has announced the launch of Xfinity Flex. Available to Xfinity Internet customers, the service consists of a 4K HDR streaming TV device with voice remote, packaged with Comcast’s home WiFi, mobile, security, and automation services.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Comcast rolling-out Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1
Dec 5, 2018 – Comcast and Amazon have announced that the Prime Video service will launch over the next week on Comcast’s Xfinity X1. With Amazon Prime Video integrated into the X1 guide, customers can easily browse the Prime Video catalog on Xfinity on Demand.
News categories: Comcast, Prime Video, Matt Strauss, Greg Hart, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast debuts integrated YouTube app on Xfinity X1
Sep 12, 2017 – Comcast and Google have announced the nationwide launch of YouTube on Xfinity X1, giving viewers quick, easy access to YouTube’s vast online video collection alongside the live, on demand, DVR and other web programming that is already included with their Xfinity TV subscription.
News categories: Comcast, YouTube, Matt Strauss, Robert Kyncl, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast to launch 'Xfinity Stream' TV app for in and out of the home
Feb 14, 2017 – Comcast has announced plans to launch 'Xfinity Stream,' an app that will allow users to watch their entire TV line-up on phones, tablets and laptops in the home, and when they’re on-the-go, to tune-in to more than 200 live channels, access and program their DVR and watch 40,000 on demand titles.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, TV Everywhere, USA
CTAM announces universal TV Everywhere sign-in solution
Jun 10, 2016 – CTAM has announced the support of key TV Everywhere (TVE) business and technology leaders around a solution that will improve the sign-in experience for pay-TV customers across platforms, both in and out of the home.
News categories: CTAM, Adobe, Vicki Lins, Matt Strauss, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
Comcast makes streaming cable TV service available in Boston
Nov 11, 2015 – Comcast has announced that Stream TV, a new streaming cable TV service that includes access to live channels as well as on demand choices, is available to Xfinity Internet-only customers in the company's Greater Boston Region.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Steve Driscoll, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, USA
Comcast to launch 4K Ultra HD set-top box
May 6, 2015 – Comcast has announced that it will launch a 4K ultra high-definition (UHD) set-top box later this year. The Xi4 will enable X1 customers to enjoy virtual 4K linear channels by creating personalized playlists from the Xfinity in UHD library.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast launches Xfinity in UHD app for Samsung TVs
Dec 18, 2014 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced the launch of Xfinity in UHD, a 4K Ultra High-Definition (UHD) On Demand programming app for 2014 Samsung UHD TVs. The Xfinity in UHD app is free to Xfinity TV customers whose video subscription includes participating networks.
News categories: Comcast, Samsung, Matt Strauss, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Comcast Launches X1 DVR in Boston
Feb 4, 2014 – Comcast has announced that it will launch X1 DVR with cloud technology and live in-home streaming TV to new Xfinity TV customers in the company’s Boston region.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'