Digital TV News: Matt Strauss
NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
Jan 16, 2020 – NBCUniversal has unveiled Peacock, a free premium ad-supported streaming service with subscription tiers offering more than 600 movies and 400 series, as well as compelling live and on-demand content across news, sports, late night, and reality.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Peacock, Steve Burke, Matt Strauss, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast launches streaming platform for Xfinity Internet customers
Mar 21, 2019 – Comcast has announced the launch of Xfinity Flex. Available to Xfinity Internet customers, the service consists of a 4K HDR streaming TV device with voice remote, packaged with Comcast’s home WiFi, mobile, security, and automation services.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Comcast rolling-out Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1
Dec 5, 2018 – Comcast and Amazon have announced that the Prime Video service will launch over the next week on Comcast’s Xfinity X1. With Amazon Prime Video integrated into the X1 guide, customers can easily browse the Prime Video catalog on Xfinity on Demand.
News categories: Comcast, Prime Video, Matt Strauss, Greg Hart, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast debuts integrated YouTube app on Xfinity X1
Sep 12, 2017 – Comcast and Google have announced the nationwide launch of YouTube on Xfinity X1, giving viewers quick, easy access to YouTube’s vast online video collection alongside the live, on demand, DVR and other web programming that is already included with their Xfinity TV subscription.
News categories: Comcast, YouTube, Matt Strauss, Robert Kyncl, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast to launch 'Xfinity Stream' TV app for in and out of the home
Feb 14, 2017 – Comcast has announced plans to launch 'Xfinity Stream,' an app that will allow users to watch their entire TV line-up on phones, tablets and laptops in the home, and when they’re on-the-go, to tune-in to more than 200 live channels, access and program their DVR and watch 40,000 on demand titles.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, TV Everywhere, USA
CTAM announces universal TV Everywhere sign-in solution
Jun 10, 2016 – CTAM has announced the support of key TV Everywhere (TVE) business and technology leaders around a solution that will improve the sign-in experience for pay-TV customers across platforms, both in and out of the home.
News categories: CTAM, Adobe, Vicki Lins, Matt Strauss, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
Comcast makes streaming cable TV service available in Boston
Nov 11, 2015 – Comcast has announced that Stream TV, a new streaming cable TV service that includes access to live channels as well as on demand choices, is available to Xfinity Internet-only customers in the company's Greater Boston Region.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Steve Driscoll, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, USA
Comcast to launch 4K Ultra HD set-top box
May 6, 2015 – Comcast has announced that it will launch a 4K ultra high-definition (UHD) set-top box later this year. The Xi4 will enable X1 customers to enjoy virtual 4K linear channels by creating personalized playlists from the Xfinity in UHD library.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast launches Xfinity in UHD app for Samsung TVs
Dec 18, 2014 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced the launch of Xfinity in UHD, a 4K Ultra High-Definition (UHD) On Demand programming app for 2014 Samsung UHD TVs. The Xfinity in UHD app is free to Xfinity TV customers whose video subscription includes participating networks.
News categories: Comcast, Samsung, Matt Strauss, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
- 4C to power reach optimization on NBCUniversal's One Platform
- Nordija and VGL team up for Andina Link 2020
- North American pay TV revenues to fall by $50 billion
- Altibox selects Technicolor set-top box for Android TV services
- Altice One available on Apple TV 4K
- Video ad impressions on U.S. CTV triple in two years
- Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
- Comcast acquires XUMO
- NBCUniversal updates audience targeting and transaction models
- Mola.tv selects Verimatrix Multi-DRM for OTT in Indonesia
- Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
- Beachfront, Beeswax adopt LiveRamp IdentityLink bidding for CTV
- WOW! streaming partnerships to help customers cut the cord
- Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
- TiBO deploys Verimatrix Multi-DRM in Albania
- Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
- Cinedigm adds Roku support to its app platform
- HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs