Digital TV News: Michael Crimp
Inaugural IBC Showcase scheduled for September 8-11
Sep 2, 2020 – IBC has announced that its inaugural IBC Showcase will run from September 8th – 11th 2020, and continue as a once a week event throughout 2020. The IBC Showcase features three programmes: Content Programme, Exhibitor Showcase and Industry News.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Mark Smith, Steve Connolly, Christelle Gental, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Worldwide
IBC launches virtual event: IBC Showcase
Jul 10, 2020 – IBC has unveiled plans for IBC Showcase, a virtual event set to take place in September. The event will feature three components: an Exhibitor Showcase, a Sponsored Programme and coverage of product launches.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Netherlands, Worldwide
Increased mobile viewing of video is driving demand for better content experiences
Sep 14, 2017 – According to a new study released by IBM (NYSE: IBM) and IBC, more than half of the 21,000 consumers surveyed are using mobiles every day to watch streaming videos, and that number is expected to grow 45 percent in the next three years.
News categories: IBM, International Broadcasting Convention, Steven Canepa, Michael Crimp, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Market Research, Mobile, UX, Worldwide
IBC Content Everywhere and NHK bring 8K television to the Middle East
Dec 29, 2014 – Visitors to January's IBC Content Everywhere MENA will be able to feast their eyes on Super Hi-Vision, the latest video technology from Japanese national broadcaster NHK, which features 16-times the resolution of currently available HD TV.
News categories: IBC Content Everywhere, NHK, Michael Crimp, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middle-East, Smart TV, UAE
NHK to show high frame rate 8K television at IBC 2014
Aug 8, 2014 – At IBC2014, Japanese public broadcaster NHK will once more demonstrate its 8k Super Hi-Vision television system, including the latest enhancements such as high frame rate resolution.
News categories: NHK, Dr Sugawara, Michael Crimp, Europe, IBCShowcase, Japan, Smart TV, Worldwide
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system