Digital TV News: Michael Lantz
Accedo One powering Magenta TV from Deutsche Telekom
Jun 3, 2019 – Accedo has built and delivered Deutsche Telekom’s Magenta TV service on Amazon Fire TV. Magenta TV offers live and VOD video experiences, giving subscribers access to as many as 75 channels. Users can also fine tune their preferences and settings in-app.
News categories: Accedo, Deutsche Telekom, Michael Lantz, Apps, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, UX
Accedo's video experience platform combined with Oregan’s middleware
Apr 11, 2019 – Accedo and Oregan Networks have announced a strategic partnership to provide next generation Pay TV solutions to the video industry. The joint solution will combine elements from the Accedo One video experience platform with Oregan’s SparQ middleware for Android TV.
News categories: Accedo, Oregan Networks, Michael Lantz, Mark Perry, Android TV, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Accedo announces Partner Program
Jan 7, 2019 – Accedo will debut its Partner Program at this year’s CES Show in Las Vegas. The program will roll out over the coming months. Current and new partners are invited to join the program to expand their reach together with Accedo.
News categories: Accedo, Michael Lantz, CES, Digital TV, Mobile, UX, Worldwide
Accedo raises $17m in growth capital
Jan 3, 2019 – Accedo has revealed that it has raised $17M in equity to further drive its growth over the coming years. This round of financing was led by SEB Private Equity, a Stockholm based private equity team and already an investor in Accedo.
News categories: Accedo, SEB Private Equity, Michael Lantz, Magnus Ramström, CES, Digital TV, Private Equity, UX, Worldwide
Accedo powers StarHub’s new Android TV service
Sep 11, 2018 – Accedo has announced that its Studio Pay TV Android TV Launcher is powering the newly-launched Android TV Operator Tier STB TV offering from StarHub. Branded as the StarHub Go Streaming Box, the Android TV STB service extends the StarHub Go OTT service to the living room.
News categories: Accedo, StarHub, Michael Lantz, Chong Siew Loong, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Set Top Box, Singapore, UX
Accedo launches AI project with AWS and ITV
Aug 14, 2018 – Accedo has announced a project with British broadcaster, ITV to use Artificial Intelligence to automatically generate cover artwork which is likely to appeal best to a given user segment. The project will be tested with a focus group of ITV users.
News categories: Accedo, ITV, Michael Lantz, Lee Marshall, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2019, UK, UX
Jump secures Series A funding to accelerate data driven video
Jun 5, 2018 – Jump has secured Series A funding, led by Accedo and a number of video industry business angels to continue its rapid growth. Jump provides technology based on AI to help video service providers get business insights about their audience and content.
News categories: Jump, Accedo, Jerónimo Macanás, Michael Lantz, Big Data, Digital TV, MnA, Spain, Worldwide
Accedo creates Asia’s first dedicated OTT sports service
Nov 14, 2017 – Accedo has announced that it has worked with SportsFix to deliver Asia’s first dedicated OTT sports live streaming service in the ASEAN region. SportsFix was launched in Malaysia in August this year and offers both live and VOD content via mobile and mobile web.
News categories: Accedo, SportsFix, Michael Lantz, Carl Kirchhoff, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, UX
Ten TV app vendors adopt Vewd certification process
Oct 12, 2017 – Vewd has announced that ten of the world’s top TV app vendors will unite in support of the Vewd ecosystem in a bid to unify the fragmented TV app market. The ten app vendors are Accedo, Cisco, Easel TV, Float Left Interactive, Fractal Media, Massive, Tradecast, TV App Agency, Wizitivi, and 24i.
News categories: Vewd, Accedo, TV App Agency, Easel TV, Daniel Nordberg, Michael Lantz, Bruno Pereira, Joe Foster, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, QoE
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware