Digital TV News: Norigin Media
TV 2 Sumo selects Norigin Media for TV apps
Aug 27, 2019 – TV 2 Sumo has selected Norigin Media to build and launch its TV Apps. The TV 2 Sumo apps will be built across selected large screen devices, including Samsung Smart TVs, LG Smart TVs and PlayStation, with a custom designed user experience created by TV 2 Sumo.
News categories: Norigin Media, TV 2 Sumo, Ajey Anand, Marius Bjerke, Apps, Digital TV, Norway, OTT
Norigin Media makes parts of TV App framework open source
Jun 25, 2019 – Norigin Media has open sourced parts of its tech framework for building TV Apps. This open source initiative aims to increase the quality of software across the streaming industry, and encourage broadcasters to work together by reusing common code.
News categories: Norigin Media, Ajey Anand, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Scandinavian cable company chooses Norigin Media cloud platform
Sep 4, 2018 – A leading cable company in Scandinavia has chosen Norigin Media to host and manage over 100 TV channels. The distributor who provides fiber based broadband and premium TV services has migrated all its linear TV channels from Amazon´s AWS to Norigin Media's Cloudncoder.
News categories: Norigin Media, Ajey Anand, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019
Norigin integrates NPAW for ready-made analytics
Feb 14, 2018 – Norigin Media and NPAW (Nice People at Work) have partnered to integrate Quality of Experience (QoE) analytics with Norigin’s multi-screen TV apps SDK. This integration will allow developers to build premium TV apps across devices that would also support YOUBORA’s analytics technology.
News categories: Norigin Media, NPAW, Ajey Anand, Apps, Digital TV, MWC20, NABShow, QoE, Sweden, Worldwide
TV4 Sweden chooses Norigin Media for smart TV apps
Nov 13, 2017 – Norigin Media has announced that Sweden's TV4 Group has chosen Norigin's Canvas Apps development services to build Smart TV Apps for their new AVoD service. The advanced OTT platform will give viewers free access to both live and on-demand content.
News categories: Norigin Media, Bonnier, TV4 Group, Ajey Anand, Cecilia Engelbert, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden, UX
Orange use Norigin Media TV apps in Africa
Sep 27, 2017 – Orange TV has launches in Côte d’Ivoire using multi-screen TV Apps from Norigin Media. The service offers premium TV streaming on mobiles and tablets with the option of casting onto larger screens.
News categories: Norigin, Orange, Ajey Anand, Apps, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Mobile
castLabs multi-DRM integrated with Norigin Media's TV hosting platform
Aug 30, 2017 – Norigin Media has unveiled a collaboration with castLabs. Utilizing Norigin Media’s live TV transcoding platform and castLabs’ multi-DRM License Delivery Network, TV operators can realize value chain migration to the cloud with ease for multiscreen delivery.
News categories: Norigin Media, castLabs, Ajey Anand, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
MTV Finland chooses Norigin Media to build Smart TV apps
Mar 7, 2017 – MTV Oy, the Finnish Media and TV company, has chosen Norigin Media to build smart TV applications on Samsung and LG Connected TVs. The company plans to launch new premium TV streaming services on these applications.
News categories: Norigin Media, MTV Oy, Ajey Anand, Jyri kylönen, Apps, Digital TV, Finland, OTT, Smart TV
Norigin Media wins Hybrid Apps contract in Poland
Mar 30, 2016 – Norigin Media has announced a signed contract with a national TV provider for the launch of it’s Hybrid Apps product. The OTT TV & Video service with custom branding will be made available for consumers across Poland.
News categories: Norigin Media, Ajey Anand, Apps, Mobile, OTT, Poland, Video Exchange
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage