Digital TV News: Philip Poulidis
Technicolor HDR receives support from SoC manufacturers
Jan 5, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that a number of TV and Set Top Box (STB) System-on-Chip (SoC) manufacturers are integrating Technicolor’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) Delivery Solution into their offerings, including: Marvell, MSTAR, Sigma and STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Technicolor, Marvell, MStar Semi, Sigma Designs, STMicroelectronics, Mark Turner, Philip Poulidis, Stanley Chen, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
SoftAtHome software to be integrated with Marvell’s ARMADA 1500 SoC
Apr 29, 2015 – SoftAtHome and Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) have announced their collaboration for integrating SoftAtHome’s SOP7 software with Marvell’s ARMADA® 1500 Ultra SoC Android and Linux SDKs.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Marvell, Michel Degland, Philip Poulidis, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Marvell partners with Celeno on wireless video
Apr 28, 2015 – Celeno Communications and Marvell have announced a partnership that will see Marvell’s STB processors combined with Celeno’s 802.11ac Access Point ICs to power home wireless capable of handling 4K or HD video streaming.
News categories: Celeno Communications, Marvell, Gilad Rozen, Philip Poulidis, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
ViXS®, Topfield and Morega Join Forces to Develop Mobility Gateway Set-Top Box
Jan 5, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced a partnership with Topfield to develop a media gateway set-top box. The design demonstrates ViXS' XCode® 4210 STB processor and Xtensiv® software, combined with Morega Systems' content portability solution.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Topfield, Morega Systems, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViXS® and Morega Team up to Power Digital Media Hub for Consumer Content
Jan 5, 2012 – ViXS Systems and Morega Systems have announced a strategic partnership to enable, for the first time, the seamless access and streaming of premium, personal, and user-generated content to and from multiple devices within the home.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Morega Systems, CES, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor
Morega Systems and ViXS Systems Partner to Deliver Solutions for Premium Content Portability, Streaming and Monetization
Jan 8, 2008 – Morega Systems has partnered with ViXS Systems to develop products targeted at Satellite, Cable and IPTV operators that will allow for the monetization and portability of premium video content between devices and across IP networks.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Morega Systems, Cable TV, CES, Content Distribution, DRM, DVR, IPTV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023
- ITV announces new addressable advertising platform: Planet V
- Eutelsat signs up Orao Telecom Congo for CIRRUS hybrid satellite/OTT
- Disney+ gets some traction, Apple TV lags in streaming wars
- Disney+ launches in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers