Digital TV News: Philippe Plantevin
Studio Canal deploys NAGRA's NexGuard watermarking
May 7, 2019 – Studio Canal has deployed NexGuard forensic watermarking from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) to protect the international distribution of its content. NexGuard allows Studio Canal to embed a watermark in each pre-release asset.
News categories: NAGRA, Studio Canal, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Jean-Pierre Boiget, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Hybrik cloud media processing now supports NexGuard watermarking
Apr 24, 2018 – Hybrik has announced that its cloud-based media processing now supports the embedding of NAGRA NexGuard forensic watermarks into on-demand content. Hybrik customers can now include watermark embedding as part of their cloud media workflow.
News categories: Hybrik, NAGRA, David Trescot, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Broadpeak integrates NAGRA NexGuard watermarking to protect streamed content
Mar 6, 2018 – Broadpeak has announced the integration of NAGRA NexGuard watermarking on Broadpeak's BkS400 caching server to protect live and VOD content on every screen, providing a session-based watermarking solution for the video streaming market.
News categories: Broadpeak, NAGRA, Jacques Le Mancq, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking, Worldwide
ALi STB chipsets integrate Civolution’s NexGuard forensic watermarking
Jan 7, 2016 – NexGuard has announced the integration of NexGuard forensic watermarking in the lineup of ALi set-top box chipsets. The collaboration provides compliance with MovieLabs security specifications and enables protection of content with forensic watermarking in addition to CAS and DRM systems.
News categories: ALi Corp, NexGuard, Daniel Huang, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Watermarking, Worldwide
Conax, NexGuard and Kudelski Security show watermarking on a SmarDTV UHD gateway
Sep 8, 2015 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced a cooperation with Civolution’s NexGuard to demonstrate forensic watermarking at IBC. The solution combines the capabilities of a SmarDTV UHD Gateway with Civolution’s NexGuard watermarking and the anti-piracy services of Kudelski Security.
News categories: Conax, NexGuard, Kudelski Security, SmarDTV, Tor Helge Kristiansen, Philippe Plantevin, Christophe Nicolas, Content Protection, Gateway, IBC2019, Watermarking, Worldwide
ATEME and NexGuard launch pre-release HDR watermarking
Sep 1, 2015 – NexGuard and ATEME will launch a joint solution for the forensic watermarking of pre-release High Dynamic Range (HDR) video content at IBC. The solution is integrated with ATEME’s TITAN Software Transcoder.
News categories: ATEME, NexGuard, Emmanuel Boureau, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Digital TV, IBC2019, Watermarking, Worldwide
Quadrille push VOD integrated with Eutelsat's 'smart LNB'
Mar 10, 2014 – Quadrille has announced that its MConnect Multimedia Push solution has been integrated with Eutelsat’s 'smart LNB' narrowband satellite return channel technology.
News categories: Quadrille, Eutelsat, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Antonio Arcidiacono, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, LNB, Middleware, Satellite, Worldwide
Dune HD and Quadrille partner to bring satellite-based push-VoD to developing regions
Nov 12, 2013 – Dune HD has partnered with French VOD technology provider Quadrille to create a receiver able to download content by means of 'Push VOD', giving operators in developing regions the means to offer content choice even where broadband access is limited.
News categories: Dune HD, Quadrille, Konstantin Dyshlevoy, Xavier Battas, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Set Top Box
NXP Semiconductors is one of the First to Introduce Nagravision Conditional Access API to its STB chipsets
Aug 8, 2007 – NXP Semiconductors has announced that it has achieved NOCS certification from Nagravision, a Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD) company, on its PNX8330 chipset, answering the pay-TV industry demand for compliance with a leading security platform. In addition, NXP is one of the first semiconductor companies to support the Nagravision, NOCS dedicated, application programming interface (API) which will shorten development time for faster time-to-market of new set-top box (STB) devices.
News categories: Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019